Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just an alert to check your wheel lugnut torque ,, mine came loose on my right rear tire, and nearly lost it. it eathier the dealership service dept or the factory dint tq them right!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd be extremely surprised if that was a factory mistake. Have you had your car serviced at the dealer yet (1k mi svc?) ?? I'd definitely have a word with them if so.

Glad you and your car are fine, though.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I'm not sure what the torque specs are on the IS-F wheels, but I'm sure it's not as much as some tech's would like to "tighten" them too !!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Andy, since the question has been breeched, would you

please be so kind as to find out what the proper torque is so that we can check our IS-F's out? I'm sure you'd agree that we're all are better off having them at the right torque then to loose or to tight.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Ok, I asked my Assistant Sevice Manager to make sure I got the right info. He is one of the only guys in the Service Department that follows my rules: If you don't know the answer, don't lie, and go find out !!!

76 Ft Lbs is what is recommended !!

·
Registered
137 Posts
76 Ft Lbs, perfect! Thanks Andy, really do appreciate

your finding that out for all of us ! Will check mine tonight......

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks to Andy's info, I was able to check my >

wheel nuts last night. All but two nuts, which both happened to be on the L rear wheel, were perfect. The two that were not set right were just a few pounds below spec. Now all click at 76 Ft #'s. :) Thanks again Andy for the great info.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Anything I can do to help !!! I want to hear people enjoying the IS-F's, not wrecking them !!

Anytime anyone needs anything, just let me know !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts