Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How loud is the IS-F exactly. While in the car you here the orgasmic humming sound, but how loud is it outside the car? I want to know if others can here me coming by?:)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I can hear my wife start the car in the garage and as she drives off, but it isn't too terribly loud, at least below 3600 RPM. She doesn't really flog it :)

I can't speak for when you really get on it. It seems like a pretty good compromise for not driving your neighbors nuts while still getting a nice rumble.

I'll be curious to get other people's take on this too.

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife says she can hear me drive off in the morning, whereas she could not with my prior car (Nissan Maxima).

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
The V8 is a pretty bassy sounding car at idle. You definitely know from inside the house if the car is idling. It's pretty mellow WOT. If you had an aftermarket exhaust, it will definitely be pronounced when you're driving down the street. The stock exhaust definitely restrains the sound if you're looking to be heard. :)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Let's just say you won't be sneeking up on anybody if you have the JOE Z exhaust system!!!
+1 The stock sound is definitely muffled. If your wanting more, get the Joe Z. It'll definitely get you attention ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think stock is pretty loud at least that's what one of my buds tells me when I'm pulling up to his driveway..He says he could hear me coming..:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife says she can hear me drive off in the morning, whereas she could not with my prior car (Nissan Maxima).
Do you also do burnouts with the Nissan when taking off in the mornings? :)

But in the track, the F was the quiet(est) compared to the M3 and the C63.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think stock is pretty loud at least that's what one of my buds tells me when I'm pulling up to his driveway..He says he could hear me coming..:D
Moral of the story ... tell her to ask her husband to buy an F so that you won't have to jump out the window everytime he says Honey I'm home! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts