Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
i'M RUNNING RE 11'S 245 ON FRONT AND 275'S ON REAR. NIGHT AND DAY!!!
Sorry for caps. They are like GLue! I autocross with them and they have been great!

Good Luck
T

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for caps. They are like GLue! I autocross with them and they have been great!

Good Luck
T
I am assuming 245/35R19 on the fronts and 275/30R/19 on the rears? No rubbing or floaty issues? What PSI are you running?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a deep dish on my rear wheels and with the offset it rubbed. Most won't if you don't have a deep dish. I had to roll fenders and a bit of grinding. Eventhough Wheelboyz .com told me they wouldn't rub. Those rear calipers stick out too far for a 4-5 dish.I'm running also a 6mil spacer on rear with longer studs. fronts have no issues. Those are the sizes I'm running. My rear wheel is a 10" wheel
T
ps If I knew how to upload my pics on this page I would. You can check my profile photo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a deep dish on my rear wheels and with the offset it rubbed. Most won't if you don't have a deep dish. I had to roll fenders and a bit of grinding. Eventhough Wheelboyz .com told me they wouldn't rub. Those rear calipers stick out too far for a 4-5 dish.I'm running also a 6mil spacer on rear with longer studs. fronts have no issues. Those are the sizes I'm running. My rear wheel is a 10" wheel
T
ps If I knew how to upload my pics on this page I would. You can check my profile photo.
How big is the rim guard compared to the one on the RE050A tires?

·
Registered
79 Posts
"How big is the rim guard compared to the one on the RE050A tires? "

I didn't notice. I would assume that the rim guard would be the same dimensions as on other Bridgestones.
Why?
T

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"How big is the rim guard compared to the one on the RE050A tires? "

I didn't notice. I would assume that the rim guard would be the same dimensions as on other Bridgestones.
Why?
T
The rim guard on the RE050A tires is definitely bigger and more pronounced vs. the PS/2s and most other tire options available. Personally, I like the way the rim guard looks on the RE050As and was hoping the RE11s were similar in that regard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone tried the Bridgestone RE-11 tires on their F yet? They are ranked #1 in the "Extreme Performance Summer" tire category. Expensive, but still cheaper than the Michelin PS/2s...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...1XL&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2008&autoModel=IS F&autoModClar=

Good Luck
T
I'm about to purchase the RE11s going up 20mm to 245/35/19 Front and 275/30/19 Rear on stock rims of my '08 F (everything stock - no mods).
Do I need to adjust the alignment, camber /toe angles, or anything else? Or would the stock setup be fine? I wasn't sure and thought I'd check to be safe. Also, I don't think any interference/rubbing should be a problem on the stock rims, is that right?

FYI..
I also auto-x and found that the RE050As and Hankook Ventus V12 K110's had sidewalls that were NOT stiff enough - front shoulders were corded or scrubbed off - results of hard cornering even with the fronts at 42psi. Curious to hear more details on how they're holding up in auto-x, including pressures you're running in the front and rear.

Appreciate your help.

Best,
ISFnFast

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would do a wheel alignment especially at how much tires cost. I've done now 5 autocross events and 4 hrs on race track. Tires are at 35 % left. So keep that in mind.

Good luck
T

"I'm about to purchase the RE11s going up 20mm to 245/35/19 Front and 275/30/19 Rear on stock rims of my '08 F (everything stock - no mods).
Do I need to adjust the alignment, camber /toe angles, or anything else? Or would the stock setup be fine? I wasn't sure and thought I'd check to be safe. Also, I don't think any interference/rubbing should be a problem on the stock rims, is that right?"

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I'm about to purchase the RE11s going up 20mm to 245/35/19 Front and 275/30/19 Rear on stock rims of my '08 F (everything stock - no mods).
Do I need to adjust the alignment, camber /toe angles, or anything else? Or would the stock setup be fine? I wasn't sure and thought I'd check to be safe. Also, I don't think any interference/rubbing should be a problem on the stock rims, is that right?
I'm running 285/30 - 245/35 on stock rims. Continental Extreme DW. No rubbing issues at all. I did not do alignment upon install. Everything is wearing fine.

Lou

·
Registered
23 Posts
All,

Thanks for all your help.
I just installed the RE11's on my stock rims. They look much BEEFIER, and much more square - both of which I'm sure will help in auto-x'ing...we'll see in a couple of weeks.

As for the alignment, the only stock adjustable things were the Toes (short of adding brackets or plates) so I got them back as close to stock specs as possible, thereby limiting one variable at a time to work on for auto-x'ing - tires - and of course driver skills. :)

Appreciate everyone's comments.

ISFnFast

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like all the reviews I read about the RE-11. Only problem is that they are heavy and that's that last thing the IS-F needs... more lbs!!
In stock size, the Michelin PS2 weigh about 22lb but the RE-11 come in 28lb, that's a huge difference in terms of unsprung weight.
Not sure if that alone would negate the advantages the RE-11 has. My guess is that the added weight accounts for the stiff sidewalls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.