Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
No argument re how the Porsche feels. These cars are wonderful when they run. I loved my Merc C32. Just felt fast and handling wise, it communicated so well with the driver. My brother had an Audi TT and it was a nimble little car. Problem is that pure performance doesn't do you much good if you are stuck in traffic (I am assuming this is a daily driver for you) and after a while you just got to weigh the cost vs the benefit. Is the fun of carving the back roads outweight the vacation days spent bringing the car to the dealership, check engine light going on at the worst times etc. On the average a Porsche is a higher maintenance car than the Lexus. Also check youtube for problems with PDK, DSG, M-DCT, TC-SST, GR6 etc. Getrag and Borg-Warner make these dual-clutch manumatics and they seem to have a lot of problems. sorry if I come across as too negative:eek:
I have read a lot of problems with the PDK. They mostly seem to do with the Software and i have also read that the software has been continously improving. I have been hearing that 2011's have no problems. I am going into this expecting some problems..and the warranty will take care of things. I would never buy a used Porsche unless i was a mechanic myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On the topic of buying an alternate fun ride. My neighbor bought a Ferrari 328GTS. The thing only has about 20K miles on it. Not bad for a 20 year old car. It is pretty underpowered by today's standard but still looks and sounds gorgeous. Ferraris do hold their value though because he got it for the price of a new BMW 323i! I am sure its expensive to manitain but is pretty cool other than the fact that everyone makes the good ol' Magnum PI comment. Has anyone ever thought of scooping up one of these beauties form the 80's.
I remember window shopping in the local Ferrari-Maserati dealership last year and spotted a 288 GTO, that was amazing. A 328 on steroids!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.