Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what do your guy think about the BORLA cat back + X pipe exhaust system over JOE Z?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Borla = too many slip fit pieces. JoeZ = much better quality, much better system.

Welcome to the site!

Lou

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Borla Catback, love it. Not sure if it's any better or worse than any other track exhaust. The Joe-Z has some proven tested numbers by members here. I refuse to put my car on a Dyno, sorry.

It was a pain in the ass to install, I had to go back to the shop twice and it had to be spot welded to the thingamajigger because it would get hot and start rattling. I could not tell you if this is due to a poor installer or poor quality control, but it sounds MUCH better than the stock exhaust. MUCH louder. Coupled with the K&N intake I would turn heads at 3000rpm, higher than that and it roars like no other.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My Borlas fit like a dirty shirt, no installatoion difficulties whatsoever. Overall I'm happy with it. Only beef I have is the drone it makes while cruising at 1800rpm. Most quiet is to cruise at about 3000rpm at just about 200kph.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Something you might want to consider is adding sound deadening like Dyna-Mat under the carpet in the trunk. I just ordered the Borla and was hoping it wasn't going to drone but heck, does it sound bad a$$ under WOT? LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
The exhaust fills the gap where the intake cannot. WOT is dominated by k&n intake roar. Low rev is where the exhaust comes in. If you live in a cold climate, cold starts are excessively loud with the Borla.

I keep sport mode on, the drone can be irritating at times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts