Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Yes I know a winter tire, but which one? There are so many to choose from. I'm think instead of buying 18" rims that I'll get original size winter tires and have them mounted on the stock rims every winter. 225/40/19 and 255/35/19. There is a tire place near my house will will charge $50 per year for the service of taking them on and off 2 times a year.

· Registered
13 Posts
The price is inclusive of mounting and balancing. The other great part is I can rotate both sets of tires every year. I found the matching sets in the LM-25 tire and the shop that will be doing the service for me does a lot of business with sports cars. Every time I go there I see some AMG, M3/5, or other Luxury performance car, so I'm not worried about they doing any damage to the rims. I've dealt with them in the past.

A big selling point for me, even with the salt and elements being exposed to the RIMS is that I have a 100% ISF in the Summer and at 90% ISF in the Winter. When you go down to 18" and a narrow tire on the back, you lose the look and the performance when snow is not down on the ground.

I'm also a little hesitant with putting wider tires on the front of the car, than is stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.