Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Yes I know a winter tire, but which one? There are so many to choose from. I'm think instead of buying 18" rims that I'll get original size winter tires and have them mounted on the stock rims every winter. 225/40/19 and 255/35/19. There is a tire place near my house will will charge $50 per year for the service of taking them on and off 2 times a year.

$50.00 a year is not a bad price at all. Just keep in mind, the chemicals and salt that is put down on the roads can cause damage to the wheels.

If you are going to stick with the factory sizes, I'm not sure if any manufacturer offers a matching combination. What you may consider is running 245/40-19's all the way around. This size is approved for both the front and rear wheels. A great model to look into would be the Goodyear SP Winter Sport M3. This is a performance winter tire designed for great dry handling and superior traction in ice and light snow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.