Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Round 1: 0-100-0
Although Foust in the ISF had the better launch and was ahead on the road he apparently got beaten by Tracy under braking by a half car length or so.

Round 2: 60-100
M3 wins again by half a second

Round 3: standing half mile
Foust gets a jump off the line but Tracy easily drives around him for the win.

Round 4: Road Course
Foust in the ISF gets the win but the "race" looked fixed.

So, my question is, did anyone hear a beep from the ISF to indicate it was in full manual sport mode and being properly maxed out rev wise?

I just looked through the program again and as far as I can tell I didn't see Foust using the paddles either.

As Foust owns an M3, I'm sorry to say I have the horrible feeling he was sand bagging the ISF. it was either that or the ISF was brand new off the lot and not broken in compared to the M3.

I had been looking forward to the showdown all week and being an ISF owner I feel kinda cheated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My sister can drive the F better than Tanner did. That test was a joke. If it lost by a bit, no biggie, I can accept that since the overall fit/finish and quality is greater than the M3. However, my grandma would have won with the jump that the F got in both acceleration tests.
I think as a forum we should call Tanner out for an M3 vs ISF rematch. He can drive his M3 and any of us who have track experience would be able to give him a run for his money - certainly in the acceleration tests. If Fousts M3 is no longer stock then so much the better as there are plenty of modded ISFs on this forum that can take him on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.