Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let's hope this is not done by another biased Euro a** kissing journalist. Seen so many test done on the GT-R, IS-F vs Merc, BMW and the numbers clearly shows that in the test done, the GT-R, IS-F fare better in 0-60 time, quarter mile, braking, skid pad etc in the particular test but then they somehow say that "number aren't everything and the Euro cars win because of feel, yada yada yada" Pretty pathetic. It's like seeing some athlete clearly perform better in the Olympics but got snubbed by the judges for personal preference. utterly unfair.
One thing I am tired of reading about is the criticism of the "fake" quad exhaust tips on the IS-F. Well, the $300K Ferrari California had the same "fake" quad stacked exhaust but I don't see so much of whimper about that. In fact they call it a work of art!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmmm...

The result do look illogical. In all the tests I seen (Top Gear, Fifth Gear, Best Motoring) the IS-F always beats the M3 in 0-60 by about half a car length and they are about even in the quarter mile. Usually they also include the C63in the super sports sedan test and that always takes first with 450ft/lb of toque! Also the IS-F has stronger brakes than the M3. That is something the Lexus engineers paid particular attention to after studying the weakness with the E46 M3's brakes.
I would think the M3 should have won the road course due to its complex differential etc.
There could be a number of factors for these results:
tires - putting a set of BS RE-11 or Toyo comp tires on the IS-F would have totally reverse the results. We don't know about the condition or type of tire on the cars
driver - skills, familiarity with the car etc
bias - this could be intentional or not
favours - German car makes are not as squeaky clean as one may think. JAnd being showered with gift and goodies sometime make journalist favour one brand or another. read this and you may get a better idea of how German car companies keep their legendary status:mad: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN238501720100323

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.