Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't use Aux much but the other day I decided to plug my ipod into the aux input in the armrest and the sound only comes out of the drivers side (like it does when you're on the phone using bluetooth).

Has that happened to anybody else?

I also noticed that sometimes the 4 or 5 buttons on the bottom of the radio/have console (AM-SAT, FM, AUX, CD, etc) don't responds when I press them. Other times they work fine. I'm not sure if there is some safety feature causing this or if it's something I need to have fixed since I'm still under warranty.

Thanks for any info!

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
I have had the same problem with the Aux input. Make sure the plug is completely seated in both your player and the aux input jack. If that is good maybe the cable itself may have a short, this happened to me because of the back of the plug being pushed over by the arm rest when closed. Try picking up a new plug, cheap, they sell them at places like radio shack for a few bucks. I picked up 2 last time just to have a spare.

As for the radio source buttons not working???? I would take it in to get it checked. My source buttons work all the time.

Good luck. Keep us up to date with what you find out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..i'll give a new cord a shot...I also have a right angle headphone adaptor i could try so that the wire doesn't touch the arm rest when you open and close it....

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't had this pluggin issue but
I had a reving sound fluctuating in my speakers when accelerating. Had same problem on my is350.
There is a technical service bulletin. A lot of lexus models except for isf have this issue.
I complained several times to my dealer
and I asked them to order the same updated relay and they did.

Problem gone.

Good Luck
T

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I sort of had this problem. I had an LG Voyager, and I use VZ Navigator. The phone had a 2.5mm audio jack. The F has a 3.5mm Jack. I connected the phone to the audio jack with a male on both ends 3.5 mm audio cable. To go to the phone I need a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter. When I used this cable and adapter combo the sound came out of the passenger side only. That phone bit the dust, and I now have an ENV Touch. This phone had a 3.5mm jack. When I ditched the adapter and plugged it into my new phone, both sides now play. I don't know what the issue was, but it's now resolved.

Lou

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't tested it yet but I'll be using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord directly from my iPod to the AUX jack..I was using my iPhone and i thought maybe because it was phone the system only played out of the drivers side (like speaker phone) but I tried again with my iPod and get have the same issue...i'll try to remember to try a new cord tonight...

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
Well, if it was only the phone doing it I would have suggested checking the phone with a regular set of head phones. Let us know. I have a feeling it is the your cable, at least I hope. Otherwise it may be the input to the car or the stereo system itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts