Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I got mine installed by the dealership and love it. You can't really notice it and it has saved my paint hundreds of times. I don't have any bubbling (knock-on-wood) but it was done by someone very experienced. Most dealerships do it, it would be a good place to start and get a good quote. I have it on my mirrors and full front bumper (except the lip). :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I've heard good things about Llumar. I think the reason why most went with the 3M is because it is sold at most places, especially dealerships. If your looking for a specific brand, such as Llumar or Venture Shield, your going to have to go to another shop and ask for that brand.

Personally, I just went with 3M because the dealer offered it and threw it in when I purchased the car :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Clear bras are more noticeable on darker color cars. It's a trade off though, you run the risk of serious rock chips or you stay protected with a bra line. It's up to you on what your looking for

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Wow, that 3M job is horrible! It looks like there wasn't even an attempt to install it rather they just put the sheet over the front end and hoped for the best!

Like FChampOH said, I would make an appointment with the service manager to see if they are willing to fix it and make it right or have them return the F to normal and fix everything back to the way it was before install (have them wash it, clay bar, etc. so there is no damage to the paint or clear coat) and take it somewhere else for a clearbra

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Glad to hear they are taking care of you and refunding you your money! :cool:

Like Jeff said, someone on here might know of a reputable shop to install a clear bra in your area and if not, you can always type something like "Clear Bra Car Install" (or something to that effect) into google along with your city and it should bring up a list of shops. The 3M website also has a list of shops on their site. After this first instance, I would try to see if you could find some reviews of the shops your considering online, I've found them to be a pretty big help :D

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Aerotect looks like they did a really good job :D

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
^Check for an authorized dealer/installer in your area and get it done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.