Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 4 of 18 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
looks good so far...looking forward to the finished product..

I still see that wire hanging down from your V1...get out there and hardwire that beast..now that we know what wires to use it'll take you 10 minutes.

· Registered
55 Posts
I tried today. I broke my ebay kit that had the stiffer wires that easily plugged into the socket so then I tried a phone cord but the wires were so fragile that they would bend and wouldn't go into the socket. That plus I didn't know where I would route the wires when the plastic covers were put back over the plug.
That sucks DSG, I tried to hardwire in my '05 4runner today (just so I could move the V1 over to that car easily if I take it on a road trip) and I also tried using a regular phone cord and I did get it to work but the connection was not secure at all (like you said the wires are fragile). I believe there are little connectors you can buy to attach the phone cord to so that it will make it work. basically they are little sticks with a loop at the end to hook the phone cord on to (I saw somebody post it online somewhere and I'll post it if i find it).

As far as routing the cord I routed mine back up toward the roof and then put the plastic stem covers back on and then looped back down to the V1. I secured the excess wire to the mount using a velcro strap normally used for organizing computer and TV cables. I've attached a couple pix to help you see what I did.

EDIT: just in case you're wondering the little red square that you see on the cord is just the double sided tape that came on the cord (i didn't need to use it but i just left it there since you can't see it)

· Registered
55 Posts
that looks really nice!!...I'm trying to decide if I want to do a bumper/hood repaint and do clear bra...mines in pretty good shape so it's hard to justify it at this point.

· Registered
55 Posts
Thanks guys.

Baron, I'd say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only reason I got mine done was because I threw it into the deal with Lexus as part of my purchase. If bought out right you can probably expect to pay around $1200+ for paint and $600ish for the clear bra. IMO, $2k is alot of money spent on something that is probably not necessary at this point with your car. Pay to take off your secondary cats and mufflers and slap on some headers instead ;)
good advice...yeah, I don't really fee like spending $2k right after buying the car...I thought about working some extras into the deal but I'm pretty sure I got the car at the dealers rock bottom so I'm happy...I'll wait to do a repaint when/if needed in a few years.

1 - 4 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.