Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 18 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Um I'm not sure if the black has a clear coat or not... I know some older model Lexus cars did not come with clear coat on the black.

Look into it. I googled "lexus is black clearcoat" and found some CL postings about it.

That could get messy if the detailer doesn't know that lol.

· Registered
149 Posts
Gonna look beautiful, the problem is keeping it that way. Good luck with future washing, I'm ever so careful on my USB but just can't avoid small micro scratches.

For an LSP you might want to consider blackfire wet diamond, this stuff is amazing. I've tested Klasse, OptiSeal, Blackfire, Meguiars NXT, and Swissvax, and Blackfire turned out the best by far. A coat of blackfire, wait a day, and then a coat of some nice wax.

Here's a pic of blackfire applied:

· Registered
149 Posts
I tried today. I broke my ebay kit that had the stiffer wires that easily plugged into the socket so then I tried a phone cord but the wires were so fragile that they would bend and wouldn't go into the socket. That plus I didn't know where I would route the wires when the plastic covers were put back over the plug.

Damn, that looks good.

Washing is going to be done with the two bucket method and with Optimum No-rinse and clean micro fibers. (Came recommended from the detailer) He also recommended using Adam's Americana wax (what he uses) but I don't know about spending $65 on a bottle of wax :(

I just assume I'll have to do a polish (hopefully not a 3-step) every year to keep up with the finish.
Still gotta be careful with ONR. I use it too. The dirt will cling right to the mitt, have a hose running and use a nozzle on the mitt to get all the dirt off, a seperate bucket wont do the trick alone. Ur still going to get scratches though it's just inevitable, just wash in small straight lines so you don't get swirls, small scratches aren't as ugly as swirls.

1 - 3 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.