Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So......I purchased a 08 IS-F about a year and a half ago. Went in for 25k service and we saw another 08 IS-F in the showroom. My wife and I were looking for a new car for her and we were interested in the F on the floor but I wanted her to look at a few other models before she made up her mind completely. As an F driver I was pushing the F the whole time. After the service was done we went home and I thought about it for a few days and decided to go look at the car again with the intention of buying it for between 45k-48k. When we got back to the dealership the car wasn't in the showroom anymore and a new 2010 Red IS-F with White interior was there. I inquired about the Black 08 and we started talking about it. Thinking the 08 was new but not knowing I asked if it was a demo he said no at first but wanted to make sure with his sales manager. It turns out the car was a advertising car that was driven by a Lexus employee with 6500 miles on it. After hearing that the 53k they wanted for the car was totally out of line IMO. At that point the price tag in my head dropped considerably. The 08 wasn't even an option at that point and we started negotiations on the 2010 in the showroom. The dealer stated it was one of 8 in the US which I'm sure was a load of crap but needless to say I didn't really care. I wasn't there for that I was there to get my wife an early Christmas present. I tried to haggle a little and we ended up settling on a price after about an hour. Although we might have paid 4k under sticker price my wife loves the car and that's all that really matters to me.

I hope you guys enjoyed the story and Champ if you have any info on 2010's in the US I'd love to know about it because I'm sure the dealer was blowing smoke about 8 in the country.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Magic! You are my hero. Two IS-F's in the garage is awesome! Please post pictures. As far as the 2010 IS-F in the country...Red/Alpine white combo I would say less than 8 in the country. 2010 IS-F's in general...more than 8 in the country.:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been pretty nasty out the past few days once we have a nice day I'll take some pic. Thanks Champ =)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Your old lady knows her cars. You are a fantastic husband and she's a great wife. You must be one happy couple. Will we see HIS and HERS license plates? :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your old lady knows her cars. You are a fantastic husband and she's a great wife. You must be one happy couple. Will we see HIS and HERS license plates? :)
I'm hoping HIS F and HER F are still available. :)

I'll have a crappy cell phone pic up shortly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice thats what I like to see. Congrats on owning two beasts. I've been debating on if I want to trade in my 08 for a 10 but I'm just not sure yet. The 2010 does come with an actual LSD right doug?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prefer the 2010 because there's a few perks that come with it. The Lexus Enform and Saftey Connect make me feel a little better. Although I'm not sure that would entice someone to trade there 08 in for a 2010.

Jaslapp1 just keep your 08 and buy a 2010. It's more fun when you have 2 trust me.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Nice thats what I like to see. Congrats on owning two beasts. I've been debating on if I want to trade in my 08 for a 10 but I'm just not sure yet. The 2010 does come with an actual LSD right doug?
Yes sir! The 2010 IS-F is equipped with a Torsen LSD. Think of me if you consider a new one. :D I remember a Miata I bought in 1994 with the first Torsen. Doughnuts for days!! I still smell the smoke......

·
Registered
295 Posts
I prefer the 2010 because there's a few perks that come with it. The Lexus Enform and Saftey Connect make me feel a little better. Although I'm not sure that would entice someone to trade there 08 in for a 2010.

Jaslapp1 just keep your 08 and buy a 2010. It's more fun when you have 2 trust me.

Jaslapp1, I'll help you justify getting a second one.... Your wear and tear for the 08 will go down by half. Now that makes sense, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes it does make sense but my garage is full. I have two toys. My F and my SC. Then again the misses does love my F. Hmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You an OSU fan? Scarlett and gray....so looks like we are up to around 7000 F's produced so far worldwide...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts