Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

2013 ISF - interior already rattles

11K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  USBM ISF 
#1 · (Edited)
RESOLVED!!!!

It was some bolt in the door locking mechanism that was loose.

Lexus of Serramonte took care of that. I took the mechanic for a ride and he heard it.

4 hours later, came back and it's fixed. Took another ride in the car, noise is gone.

I'm happy.

#3 ·
Sorry, I think I was in some awful bad mood that day, the rattle just made me angry....

Yes, I paid 67K out the door. (61K before tax, license etc etc.) The car had 8 miles on it.

The rattle isn't that bad, it doesn't happen all the time either. No rattles from the dash/gauge cluster/radio. Maybe I should be happy.

#5 ·
Early on when I had first bought my IS-F I complained to the dealer about some rattles. It turned out that in my car it was the window seals. You can see if this is the case if the sound goes away when you roll down your windows. If that is the issue, some silicone lubricant on the rubber seals should help.

My IS-F had quite a few rattles which I chalked up to the firm suspension. As the poster above stated, my usual solution was to crank up the radio.

Our RX400h has very few rattles and has a much smoother ride. The down side is that it is a bit of a snooze to drive. At least the hybrid system at least makes it a little more interesting than driving a standard RX.

Good luck.

Jeff

#7 ·
Well, I think I figured where the rattle is coming from, now I just gotta figure out the best course of action.

The rattle seem to come from the inside, driver's side B-pillar area.

I was convinced it was something inside the pillar, but today I decided to apply a little pressure onto the driver's window while the rattle occured, and guess what? While the pressure was applied, the rattle did not occur.

The only cause for this I can think of is the Tint shop who installed the tint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.