Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From looks of it by comparison on weight(estimated) vs power ratio anyone think the new 5.0 will take on the F?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Give the F time it will have tons of parts eventually. A lot of new promissing parts have been discussed about being made. I bet by next summer there will be a lot more parts for our cars.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Regardless of the outcome the F still will have a better quality, fit and finish, and better reliability :)

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I agree as well. Who cares if the mustang is as fast as the F. I can find a way to make a minivan beat the ISF in a straight line if I really wanted to...that doesn't mean that I would ever actually want to drive it.

I also agree though that the mustang would be fun to test drive.

·
Registered
188 Posts
In a straight line it would take the F. But as everyone else has been saying. Reliability is a big issue.

That's why we have a F, but once these aftermarket parts are out for the F. We will be more reliable and faster :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In a straight line it would take the F. But as everyone else has been saying. Reliability is a big issue.

That's why we have a F, but once these aftermarket parts are out for the F. We will be more reliable and faster :)
At 390lb tq and 412Bhp and plus the weight ratio I think it's gonna be .1-2 sec or faster? no?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I agree, I definitely am not buying a 5.0 mustang. Just curious and want to drive to compare the V8's. I like being 1 of only 3 ISF's in my entire county and the only Ultrasonic Blue one around.
Not to hijack this thread but wait a second. There is only ONE USB ISF in the United States and 3 total ISF's in the country. Forgive me but your sig says you are in Indiana?

And its JUST A MUSTANG. There simply is NO comparison between a Ford and a Lexus. It would be fun to test drive though :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
HAHA My bad. I need to read more closely.

·
Registered
386 Posts
@Caymandiver U gonna get that thing in the 11's this year?

·
Registered
191 Posts
@Caymandiver U gonna get that thing in the 11's this year?
Will only happen if I can get another 20+hp out of the car and similar if not better Density Altitude. I'm watching the header progress hoping for some good news.

·
Registered
434 Posts
they wouldnt be neck and neck. that mustang would have to come off the line absolutely perfect to even have a hope. even the fastest shift in a manual takes 2 to 3 times longer to execute. the F does .1 seconds, every single time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.