Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there is no ICE section in the forum so I assume this is the best place to post.

I can not find any detailed information on the new sat nav unit in the '10 model.
From what I have gathered, it is now HDD, has better bluetooth functionalities and a USB/iPod interface.
How is it from a usability point of view, have the menus been enhanced? has one of you got an 2010 IS-F after having owned another 2IS

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
It looks like there is no ICE section in the forum so I assume this is the best place to post.

I can not find any detailed information on the new sat nav unit in the '10 model.
From what I have gathered, it is now HDD, has better bluetooth functionalities and a USB/iPod interface.
How is it from a usability point of view, have the menus been enhanced? has one of you got an 2010 IS-F after having owned another 2IS
Heres more info on the Gen 6 nav. Not sure about in your part of the world, but the features should be generally the same from the previous in addition to a few new options. Being this is a hard disk based unit, it is much faster to access points of interest and maps.

This is info from Lexus USA:

Lexus HDD Navigation System
• Enhanced Bluetooth® with phonebook download
• Lexus Enform™ with SafetyConnect™: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button (SOS), Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Destination Assist, and eDestination (complimentary one-year trial subscription)
• Lexus Insider™
• Rear back-up camera
• Seven-inch LCD VGA touch screen
• Voice command casual-language recognition
• XM NavTraffic®/NavWeather™ (complimentary 90-day trial subscription)
• XM® Sports and Stocks (included with XM® radio subscription)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that is the information I already found.
I was wondering if they had improved the menus/interface from the 08/09 model and unlock some features that were not available while driving like dialing a phone number (at least they are not in Europe)

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Yeah unfortunately here in the US, changing NAV destinations, accessing your phone numbers or watching dvd's are still locked out when the car is in motion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts