Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering if there are any major (or minor) changes to the
2010 IS F? Appreciate information from individuals that might have real knowledgable and not speculative wishes. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Don't worry, there are couple dealer associates on this forums, Im pretty sure they will give you all the facts instead of peoples want's and wishes for the new model IS-F

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the following list of changes from my local dealer. I assume the same would be true for US models.

Changes to standard equipment:
Integrated XM Satellite radio
USB Audio connectivity
Bluetooth capability
Limited Slip differential
Standard wallet-size smart-card key

Changes to optional equipment:
6 Disc DVD changer replaces CD Changer
HDD based nav replaced DVD based
Clearance and backup sonar added
Mark levinson audio discontinued for 2010

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I got the following list of changes from my local dealer. I assume the same would be true for US models.

Changes to standard equipment:
Integrated XM Satellite radio
USB Audio connectivity
Bluetooth capability
Limited Slip differential
Standard wallet-size smart-card key

Changes to optional equipment:
6 Disc DVD changer replaces CD Changer
HDD based nav replaced DVD based
Clearance and backup sonar added
Mark levinson audio discontinued for 2010
How credible/acurate is this? I'm assuming this is for Lexus Canada.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting!!! I thought in oz we we were paying a premium but the is-f comes standard with everything apart from sat radio.I feel a bit better

·
Registered
18 Posts
How credible/acurate is this? I'm assuming this is for Lexus Canada.
Very accurate. I've got a printout in front of me that the salesperson provided. It is from Lexus Canada, but our vehicle market is so small that we usually get whatever you guys do. They do, however tend to bundle the packages differently for Canada, but the same sort of features/options are almost always available on both sides of the border.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Very accurate. I've got a printout in front of me that the salesperson provided. It is from Lexus Canada, but our vehicle market is so small that we usually get whatever you guys do. They do, however tend to bundle the packages differently for Canada, but the same sort of features/options are almost always available on both sides of the border.
The only thing different we don't have here in the US is the two tone graphite and polished 19" wheel. We get all graphite only. The special limited edition Neiman Marcus edition did get the two tone wheels but there were only 50 available to the US.

Funny an LSD was mentioned. In Canada for the regular IS250/350, they mention an LSD in the options, but none for the USA. From my understanding, Lexus CA is calling the electronic LSD (combo of VSC/TRAC and ABS to artificially mirror a mechanical LSD) a regular LSD in their options, which in reality isn't a mechanical one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not cool regarding the ML Audio delete, I want something better than just the normal Lexus Premium Audio System, having the ML is a step above that, they'd better have something even better than ML to replace it then.

Otherwise I'll really have to step it up towards an 09 Series 2.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is F should have came with a Lsd to begin with, dunno why they didnt.
While I agree with you, many high performance cars and manufacturers feel that the electronic LSD is an adequate replacement. As an example I was shocked to find out that my Porsche Carrera did NOT come with a LSD standard and are only available on limited editions (1999 option, 2004 40th anniversary edition, GT3, GT2).

In my opinion though there is no need for it unless you are tracking, specifically tight course (i.e. autocross, etc.) in the IS-F. For street driving and "spirited" canyon carving etc, you will never notice the difference. This is for shaving seconds off of lap times, something that very few IS-F owners will actually ever need.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love an LSD, had them in my S2000, but for the IS-F with it's sophisticated electronics it is really not needed. Unless you just want to make sure you leave 2 (left and right) black lines every time you do a burn out! LOL

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Picked up the latest Motor Trend at Barnes and Noble on Friday evening and it claimed the IS-F would be getting the LSD for '10. Don't know how reliable that info is.

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hmm, not sure I would upgrade, but it is nice to see a true mech LSD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts