Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering an 2008 ISF. My concern is with the contraversial topic of suspension. Is the ride harsh or not? That seems to be the dilema.

In the Car & driver article half reviewers had a problem the others did not mention it. I think the discrepancy boils down to point of reference of the reviewer. If coming from an ls460 ,cadillac dts or mercedes sedan ( couch on wheels ) then I am sure the ISF would come off as harsh.

So it would help me a great deal if memebesr who have experience with the ISF and other vehicles could give their opinion as comparing the two.

I have experience with the gen I IS300, BMW 335i sport suspension, audi TT, 2003 Bmw M3, 300zx Acura TL 2008 & 2010. Porsche Cayenne T and a number of others.

I am leaning towards a more compliant ride. One that can be used as a daily driver and not drain ones energy by fighting with the car or being jarred around during a trip and feeling every pothole, railroad track or defects in the road.

If the ride is classified as Harsh how costly & easy is it to fix with suspension swapping? Can the ride be brought into the realm of compliant?

Thank-you for your help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.