Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my current dilemmas. Do you guys think it's worth it? I've seen the differences and they are somewhat minor to me. The only thing I do really like with the '09s is the backlit mirror controls and the piano trim on the center console.

I'm looking for the rarest color combo, ultrasonic blue/alpine so that makes it worse lol. And since not many '09s are out, this combo is hard to find in '09 so there won't be as many deals to be had. For the '08s, you can have them under invoice with that manufacturer to dealer kickback going on.

So I can either pay ~$3k-$5k under sticker for an '09, or ~$3k under invoice for an '08. If the discrepancy wasn't that huge, I'd jump on an '09 hands down.

:confused:

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input guys!

Does anyone find the park assist helpful? It's all audible warning right? No visual indicators except for the rear view backup camera in the nav?

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info flip. I found an '08 locally in socal but w/o the park assist and headlamp washers.

Ideally I'd like to have those two, though I could probably deal without the washers.

I might have to go with an '09 because now I really want the parking sensors lol. I've found 3: 1 from one of our vendors. ;) and 3 in the region. If I could find an '08, I'd go with that and take advantage of the $5k kickback. I've got about 2 months before I graduate and then start working. The search continues...

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm kinda confused about what you're saying on this part. Are you saying that you can get and '09 for minimum under $3k and maximum $5k under sticker. If that's the case it wouldn't matter much unless you can get more then $3k under invoice. As far as if you were to sell this car down the road it all comes down to mileage and year of the vehicle. You can most likely sell more if you have a car that's more recent but also depending on how much mileage it has. Since there isn't much '08 that's usb/alpine around you can easily do a special order for an '09. To clarify what bulls is asking for is that he likes the upgraded cosmetic in the '09 as compared to the '08. He never said anything about the power.
Yes, an '09 for $3k off sticker and maybe up to $5k off sticker. For the '08, $3k-$4k under invoice seems doable with that $5k kickback.

Right, I know nothing has changed performance-wise. Just minor interior details. :)

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys!

I will once the paperwork and payment has been processed and I decide when I want to have it shipped out. That, and I need to get a DSLR first. :D

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks again pares!!

I'll let you guys know wassup. ;) The car won't be shipped out until end of Feb/early March and then about 2 weeks to get here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.