Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my current dilemmas. Do you guys think it's worth it? I've seen the differences and they are somewhat minor to me. The only thing I do really like with the '09s is the backlit mirror controls and the piano trim on the center console.

I'm looking for the rarest color combo, ultrasonic blue/alpine so that makes it worse lol. And since not many '09s are out, this combo is hard to find in '09 so there won't be as many deals to be had. For the '08s, you can have them under invoice with that manufacturer to dealer kickback going on.

So I can either pay ~$3k-$5k under sticker for an '09, or ~$3k under invoice for an '08. If the discrepancy wasn't that huge, I'd jump on an '09 hands down.

:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
^^^same here, I don't think its worth it either. Also think about this, lets say you want to sell your car 3-4 years from now, your ISF will have considerably less mileage on it as other 08 models. When people search for used ISF's yours will stand out to potential buyers! just my 2cents

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I agree with what has been said so far, the differences are minor. I would jump on an '08 over an '09 with the deals and money savings right now :cool: Good luck with your decision

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I'm looking for the rarest color combo, ultrasonic blue/alpine so that makes it worse lol.:confused:
If you really want the USB/Alpine. I'm sure you can find an '08 USB with the black interior and have a leather upholsterer reupholster it for you. With the picts of the Alpines that are available, it could be made to look just like factory.

Lou

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input guys!

Does anyone find the park assist helpful? It's all audible warning right? No visual indicators except for the rear view backup camera in the nav?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts

Does anyone find the park assist helpful? It's all audible warning right? No visual indicators except for the rear view backup camera in the nav?
I like the park assist at least as a second opinion to the backup camera. It is especially useful to judge distance when parking. With the Nav system, it puts up icons that flash on the nav screen when you get close to objects. The frequency of beeping/flashing tells you how close you are. I think the threshold for the fast beeping is 3 feet, IIRC.

One minor disappointment for me is that I don't think it warns you about curbs. That would be really nice, especially to protect the air dam in front.

I'd agree with the previous posters to go with the 08. It will make the depreciation much easier to take. One advantage of the black interior is that I imagine the seats will be a lot easier to keep clean than the alpine. I've never had a white interior, but I imagine it is pretty difficult to keep up.

Good Luck,

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F (Black Interior)

·
Registered
211 Posts
So I can either pay ~$3k-$5k under sticker for an '09, or ~$3k under invoice for an '08. If the discrepancy wasn't that huge, I'd jump on an '09 hands down.
I'm kinda confused about what you're saying on this part. Are you saying that you can get and '09 for minimum under $3k and maximum $5k under sticker. If that's the case it wouldn't matter much unless you can get more then $3k under invoice. As far as if you were to sell this car down the road it all comes down to mileage and year of the vehicle. You can most likely sell more if you have a car that's more recent but also depending on how much mileage it has. Since there isn't much '08 that's usb/alpine around you can easily do a special order for an '09. To clarify what bulls is asking for is that he likes the upgraded cosmetic in the '09 as compared to the '08. He never said anything about the power.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts

I love Park Assist which is the reason why I special ordered mine with it. Although the PA in the IS is not as good as my previous GS as it had 2 extra sensors on the front center of the bumper to indicate a larger area. On the IS, it only senses the front corners which is okay, but i'm used to the one in my GS.

There are visual indicators for all corners of the Park Assist both front and back. A small indicator pops up in the corner of the nav when the sensors are near something. It also displays on the multi function display on the top center of your speedo panel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my ISF less then two months ago. I ended up getting close to 10k off the sticker price on my 2008 ISF (new). For me when you are talking 10k that's big. I don't think there is much of a difference between 08 and 09. The dealers want/need to move units. Take advantage of this. 2008's in my opinion is a great way to go!

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info flip. I found an '08 locally in socal but w/o the park assist and headlamp washers.

Ideally I'd like to have those two, though I could probably deal without the washers.

I might have to go with an '09 because now I really want the parking sensors lol. I've found 3: 1 from one of our vendors. ;) and 3 in the region. If I could find an '08, I'd go with that and take advantage of the $5k kickback. I've got about 2 months before I graduate and then start working. The search continues...

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm kinda confused about what you're saying on this part. Are you saying that you can get and '09 for minimum under $3k and maximum $5k under sticker. If that's the case it wouldn't matter much unless you can get more then $3k under invoice. As far as if you were to sell this car down the road it all comes down to mileage and year of the vehicle. You can most likely sell more if you have a car that's more recent but also depending on how much mileage it has. Since there isn't much '08 that's usb/alpine around you can easily do a special order for an '09. To clarify what bulls is asking for is that he likes the upgraded cosmetic in the '09 as compared to the '08. He never said anything about the power.
Yes, an '09 for $3k off sticker and maybe up to $5k off sticker. For the '08, $3k-$4k under invoice seems doable with that $5k kickback.

Right, I know nothing has changed performance-wise. Just minor interior details. :)

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Thanks for the info flip. I found an '08 locally in socal but w/o the park assist and headlamp washers.

Ideally I'd like to have those two, though I could probably deal without the washers.

I might have to go with an '09 because now I really want the parking sensors lol. I've found 3: 1 from one of our vendors. ;) and 3 in the region. If I could find an '08, I'd go with that and take advantage of the $5k kickback. I've got about 2 months before I graduate and then start working. The search continues...
In time you will find the right one! :)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Looks like I just did! A loaded '08 USB/Alpine demo coming soon. ;) Finally, I will "officially" become an "F" member. :D
Congrats!! Post up some pics once you get it! :cool:

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys!

I will once the paperwork and payment has been processed and I decide when I want to have it shipped out. That, and I need to get a DSLR first. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts