Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

2012 Lexus LFA vs 2010 Nissan GT-R

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ISF500 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Holy Crap, I'm still drooling from seeing all those beauties at the end of the second video.

#6 ·
HAHA @ I need ISF, agreed!!! Although you can not use the launch control or Nissan will VOID the trans warranty, how Lame.

@ doublexl, Jeremy Clarkson also said the LFA isn't 5 times faster than the GT-R and knocked Lexus heavily for the car and the cost.
Andy

#7 · (Edited)
HAHA @ I need ISF, agreed!!! Although you can not use the launch control or Nissan will VOID the trans warranty, how Lame.
That's so 2008. BorgWarner issued a new programming for the 2009 MY, and onwards, of the Nissan GT-R. Using the launch control will not void your warranty anymore.

As for the LFA, it's only worth the $375k for the novelty and rarity itself. The performance and handling dynamics are in no way worth it at that price. Considering a track-ready Ferrari F430 Scuderia can be had for $100k less, a Nissan GT-R for $300k less, and hell, even an R8 V10, that has the same on-paper performances, for half the price... I don't care who you are, but the LFA is nothing special when it comes purely to performance. It cannot rival with things that are much cheaper, based purely on value. It may be true that cars like these are bought with the heart, but at the end of the day, strictly competitively speaking, the LFA cannot compete.

#11 · (Edited)
If I had the money for either I would still get the LFA. 1 of 500 built, compared to common as muck GTR. Build quality on the Lexus far surpasses anything that Nissan can deliver. I'm also willing to bet the LFA would be more reliable, but that has yet to be seen or proven. Jeremy Clarkson has alot of opinions that I don't agree with. The Veyron isn't 12 times the car that a GTR is and it's also 3 times the cost of the LFA. Bugatti is allowed to sell a car at a RIDICULOUS price and Lexus which spent 10 years developing a supercar can't? Even though they still will not make money on a single one? Strictly performance speaking, there are alot of supercars that would get embarassed by a modified rx7 or something of the sort. All performance is subjective. Is a million dollar Ferrari Enzo allowed to be a million dollars when its barely faster around a track then a 80k Nissan?

Maybe I'm the only connoisseur here.

#12 ·
It's basically just a marketing tool for them. It's nice and they let us right next to it at the LA Auto show pre parties. I'm not sure I would care that much just to have an exclusive car. Hell, you could get a Koni CCR and be pretty exclusive there too. Nice car though. The SLS AMG got my eye a lot more though...

#13 ·
The SLS AMG is pure ugliness, but that is just my opinion. Looks are subjective. Don't knock me on it. Anyways, I'd take the LFA over the Nissan GT-R anyday of the year. I'm willing to bet that when you sit in an LFA everything performance about it will subside, concerning a GT-R cross buyer, I mean, have you seen the interior in the LFA. It's rediculously impressive and substantial and it would definitely make you feel a lot more special than a "Nissan". Like someone said earlier in a post, you can probably just buy a Supra and tune the shit out of it and beat out everything in its path, including most exotic cars. So, yeah, for me, definitely, a LFA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.