Great News for future MODS - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 316 Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
jaslapp1
Senior Member
 
jaslapp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great News for future MODS

Ladies and gentleman I have very good news for us F owners. I was talking to James Evans the owner of JE import perfermance and he is going to start making some aftermarket parts for out cars. He makes custom parts for Hondas, Nissans, and LS1s (that get dropped into 240's mainly). He has one of the best shops on the east coast for import performance. I'm letting him use my car to make a set of headers custom made for our cars. He hopes to make a street and a race application. His headers for the LS1's make 30 whp so hopefully we can see the same numbers. I'm going to keep you guys updated on how this goes and I will provide dyno sheets as well. Let me know if any of you are interested because he wants to make them for production. hopefully there will be more parts to come. let me know of any ideas to relay to him as well.
jaslapp1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 316 Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
DEVILDOG
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

I'd love a set of headers with a freer flowing street legal(pass emissions test) exhaust. I'm ready to buy.
DEVILDOG is offline  
post #3 of 316 Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
jaslapp1
Senior Member
 
jaslapp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILDOG View Post
I'd love a set of headers with a freer flowing street legal(pass emissions test) exhaust. I'm ready to buy.
I know the race one will pass maryland emmissions he wants to make a street version so hopefully the Cali guys can pass
jaslapp1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 316 Old 07-05-2009, 04:16 AM
fleadog99
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am interested, you will have a lot of people interested. A lot of people put a lot of stock into the quality and True dyno #'s so before you release it for purchase make sure those things are on point, or you will have a lot of people backing out.
fleadog99 is offline  
post #5 of 316 Old 07-05-2009, 04:59 AM
doublexl
Senior Member
 
doublexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i would like a set of headers. that would be badass

Respect a man's car, the man respects you.
doublexl is offline  
post #6 of 316 Old 07-05-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
jaslapp1
Senior Member
 
jaslapp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will keep this tread going to keep everyone informed. As I get pics and info I will post it.
jaslapp1 is offline  
post #7 of 316 Old 07-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Gymkata
Senior Member
 
Gymkata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would definitely be interested in a complete street legal race exhaust system within the next year. If JE Import Performance can create a complete system from the headers through the mufflers, that would be ideal. I think it is better when a complete exhaust system is designed to work together instead of piecing different aftermarket parts together and hoping for the best...which I have done many times with varying results.

2008 Lexus IS F - SGM - JoeZ intake pipe, Tom's filter, Borla catback exhaust, 30% tint all around, 245/35R19 and 275/30R19 Continental DWS tires
2006 Honda CBR1000RR - Akrapovic Evolution Line Race Exhaust, BMC Race Air Filters, Vortec Rear Sets, Bazzaz Tuner, Dyno Mapped
2000 Honda S2000 (Sold and missed)- AP2 in an AP1, BC coilovers, Prodrive monoblock forged wheels, etc.

"ENTHUSIASM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR CAPABILITY" "Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind."
Gymkata is offline  
post #8 of 316 Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 PM
DEVILDOG
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaslapp1 View Post
I will keep this tread going to keep everyone informed. As I get pics and info I will post it.
Thanks. I'll be checking this thread for updates.
DEVILDOG is offline  
post #9 of 316 Old 07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
LexISGuy
Senior Member
 
LexISGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A nice set of headers would be nice keep us informed.

2008 Ultrasonic Blue IS-F
LexISGuy is offline  
post #10 of 316 Old 07-07-2009, 04:15 AM
A03
Senior Member
 
A03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Towson MD
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaslapp1 View Post
Ladies and gentleman I have very good news for us F owners. I was talking to James Evans the owner of JE import perfermance and he is going to start making some aftermarket parts for out cars. He makes custom parts for Hondas, Nissans, and LS1s (that get dropped into 240's mainly). He has one of the best shops on the east coast for import performance. I'm letting him use my car to make a set of headers custom made for our cars. He hopes to make a street and a race application. His headers for the LS1's make 30 whp so hopefully we can see the same numbers. I'm going to keep you guys updated on how this goes and I will provide dyno sheets as well. Let me know if any of you are interested because he wants to make them for production. hopefully there will be more parts to come. let me know of any ideas to relay to him as well.
Jason, JE Imports from Essex MD correct?

2008 StarFire Pearl F (03/31/08) Sold As of July 2010!!
Debating on what car at the moment!!
2012 GT-R (Revised model) or
2011 IS-F with LSD..
A03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome