Newbie, need info to decide - Page 3 - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #21 of 35 Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 PM
pat.ross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree with FChampOH. I am 6'-1" and usually like to drive with the seat fairly far back. When I have adult passangers in the back seat I move my seat forward and they seem reasonably confortable. I'm sure that they wouldn't want to go for several hours but 15-30 minutes does not seem to bother them at all. Having four doors is definitely an advantage. My wife's 08 BMW 335i convert has as much room but is almost impossible for me to get into the back without the top being down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
axtellz

Cool. It's just becoming a waiting game...a really painful wait, but i'm sure worth it! Cursed college tuition and home remodelling is cutting into my fun.. As Zevon sang it: "poor, poor, pitiful me.."

Doug, i can't imagine riding in the back around the track! What a trooper you must be, taking one for the team like that!

Last edited by axtellz; 10-07-2008 at 03:21 AM. Reason: typo
post #23 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
jctheplaya888

hey man, IS-F is a luxury/racing car, honsetly i don't think it really matters the size what you are, well not enormaesly big, but still you should be able to fit in a car, its really comfortable and everything, because lexus never really came out with anything like this before and if you are under 3000 rpms seems like your in a regular luxury lexus, but when you turn off VSM and put on sport mode and put it in tip the 414 horsepower car just unleashes with an amazing sound, and speed. so honestly i love this car, and i wouldnt trade it in for no c63 amg, which i looked at, as well as the new bmw m3! pick the IS-F anyday of the year

2008 Lexus IS-F | Smoky Granite Mica

post #24 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 01:44 PM
FChampOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by axtellz View Post
Cool. It's just becoming a waiting game...a really painful wait, but i'm sure worth it! Cursed college tuition and home remodelling is cutting into my fun.. As Zevon sang it: "poor, poor, pitiful me.."

Doug, i can't imagine riding in the back around the track! What a trooper you must be, taking one for the team like that!
J, I think I would ride on the hood as long as I was on a track somewhere!
post #25 of 35 Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 PM
acchione

Send a message via AIM to acchione Send a message via MSN to acchione
Quote:
Originally Posted by axtellz View Post
Thanks to all of you.
I nearly have myself convinced, without the test drive! I really do need to make the time- but i live way out in the country- its about 40 miles to a dealer.
Now my wife says since it isn't a convertible, we need to keep the 'Stang (oh, poor me to be married to a girl who loves me so!)
But i am out of garage space, so its time to sell a Z car, or two

The local (Rochester, NY) dealer only has a red F in stock, and i just don't care for the rims with the red- looks ricey to me (sorry, mean no offense!)

I think i'll see if i can drive that one, then order black- i really like the black.
Anyone have a pic of the smoky granite? i like that as well. Decisions, decisions...
Again, thanks to all of you.
BTW- i have a son in Columbus- how far to Dayton?
I bought my IS F in Rochester and test drove the red one you're speaking of. Wasn't quite my color, so I had them find a black on black. I thought about the smokey granite mica also but black is THE color. I haven't seen another one on the road around here and you probably won't for a while unless we pass each other.

I can give you some contact information for the salesman I have had a lot of experience with, he's a great guy and if you drive the car...there is no doubt you'll be itching to buy one. I'm 5'11'' and a little over 200lbs and I find the car pretty much hugs me when I sit in it.
post #26 of 35 Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 AM
JACKISF

iiiiiiiiii llllllllloooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee my car and i have a 2008 corvett z06 a 2008 bmw 550i sport a 2006 cl55 and love it the most other then the vett but lexus is the shittttttttttttttt
post #27 of 35 Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM
L.I.F.CHAMP

Jeremiah, there are in my opinion better colors than red for this car... M y personal choice is the black/black and second is the white. But if your looking to stick out in the crowd and show off a little, go with the ultra sonic blue. give me a call, I think I might be able to help you out getting the color you want.
(631) 360-3200
Jesse
post #28 of 35 Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
jctheplaya888

go for the smoky granite! it matches with the rims and everything!!!!!

2008 Lexus IS-F | Smoky Granite Mica
post #29 of 35 Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 AM
meridian

J,

have not read all the posts but thought I would chime in. My neighbor has the new M3 Coupe (I talked him into the car going from the magazine reviews). I drive at the track a lot and the M3 will run faster times than the IS-F with the same driver, which should have sold me too. But I drove the M3, C63 AMG and finally the Lexus. I told myself I would never buy anything but a stick in a performance car of any kind but after driving the Lexus I changed my mind. Compared to the AMG the Lexus has a far superior transmission and the overall build quality really impressed me with the Lexus. Also the reliability, cost of service and after seeing the car in person it won me over in the looks department too.

My neighbor with the M3 was more excited when my car was delivered than I was, he loved it. I did tell him we could trade off whenever he liked as I felt bad ending up with the car I told him to buy the M3 over (he's a BMW guy anyway).

Track time with the car was a blast too, I think with a little shock and setup work it will be more than competitive with the M3.

Day to day there's no comparison. If you are serious, get pre-approved with Lexus finance and I am sure a dealer will bring one to you to drive if you cant make it out. I run a company and could not get away so they drove it to me.

All dealers want to move cars right now and if your a serious buyer not having time to go to the dealer should not stop a potential sale. I even did the paperwork at my house.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you get.
post #30 of 35 Old 10-18-2008, 08:56 PM
FujiN

Send a message via AIM to FujiN
Jeremiah... I've only driven my car for a total of 3 days (as I am on an overseas business trip for the next 3 weeks ) however, I went down to BMW to buy a M3 sedan but was rejected after I was rejected not even a month ago by BMW financial for a new M5... However I think this was a blessing in disguise! I remember a few minutes after I got the ride, I raced my buddy that took me to the dealership (he owns a 05 M3) and just completely smoked his car! Not to mention that I didn't even realize that the F had a sports mode button on it!!! I'm just reading through the forum and I'm getting more and more anxious to get back to the states to get back into my my new pride and joy!

One question J, do you have any pictures of the '73 240z... That is my next project car and I am looking to buy one ASAP! I'll be more than glad to take yours off your hands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode