Price for Front brake pads - Page 3 - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #21 of 97 Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 AM
BigMikeISF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofire View Post
Hey guys I was floored when the guy at the Lexus parts counter told me the price for front pads was over $400. So, I talked to the guys from Chin motorsports and they referred me to Carbotech. They told me if I could send them a set of pads they will make a copy of the backing plates and be able to have them in stock to put any compound we want on them. This will give us another source for pads. So, the F will go on blocks this weekend, and pads will be shipped. Carbotech asked that we refrain from calling or pre-ordering till I have test fit there pads to confirm fitment. I was told 15 days to get backing plates copied and start making them. Then 3-4 days for the compound to be installed I will get back to you when I have more info.
Awesome news. Thanks for taking the initiative to reach out to these companies. Keep us updated

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM
caymandiver75

Subscribed. I have 15k miles on my car and I can only imagine that I'll be needing new front pads in the not too distant future. Preferably a lower dust version. (ceramic?) I don't care if the car stops a few feet longer, but the dust is ridiculous.

08 Ultrasonic Blue IS-F [email protected]
Current Mods: SIKKY Headers / Borla Exhaust / BC Racing Coilovers (403whp Dynojet)
06 Prius
post #23 of 97 Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 PM
oztiks

.. Add me to the list. 12,500 miles and i'm hitting the "sensor" on one (or more) of the brakes.. boo

post #24 of 97 Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 PM
ChrisH

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzxlex View Post
Hey all, nice spam on here... I fitted the pads Sunday. Great news, its easier than a pad slap on low end cars. Low end brake systems, (read) most require removal of caliper to fit pads. ISF just slip out of top after pin removal. Its actually less labor. The whole job took an hour in the garage. Of course I did clean & lube all pins & movin hardware. The pistons 6 per caliper I was able to push back with my fingers evenly till they bottom in the bore. The calipers are embossed brembo in very small LOGO on the top of the caliper. The finish is first rate. Moving along, the ferodos work nicely, after bed in intial bite is similar to stock but as I increase pressure the bite seems a bit more aggresive which I like. As for track time with these I will see in spring. The price was right & the job is easy if you know cars & brakes. Its nice to see that any work can be done at a home shop. especially if the dealer quote is 700$ Cheers & Happy New Year to all. Hope to see some of us at the track in 09
Pictures! Did you take any DIY Pictures?

Also, do you have an URL to where you can buy those pads?
post #25 of 97 Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 AM
lowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
Also, do you have an URL to where you can buy those pads?
My post from the first page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
I made an internet request to Ferodo, and got this response:

"Hi Lou,

Thanks for the interest!

(front) FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS $220/set
We do not yet carry any rear pads for this vehicle.

For ordering, or for more information, you can reach me directly at: 800-733-8380.

Best Regards,
Edwin Robinson.

http://www.RaceShopper.com
1-800-733-8380"

I have used Ferodo in the past with outstanding results.

Lou
The URL and 800 phone number is there

Lou

2008 ISF - Mercury Metallic - Mine
2008 ES350 - Tungsten Pearl - Wife's
2011 Chevrolet Silverado - White - Ours
post #26 of 97 Old 01-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Turfgod

Please, as soon as someone has over 1k on the ceramic pads please post comments. Do they stop as good as OEM, if not how do they compare? Does it stop the dust all over the rims? Try several hard breaking and let us know if you have any fading or spungy feeling. Please. We are all looking for a more economical choice then OEM.

Troy
Turfgod
post #27 of 97 Old 01-14-2009, 08:34 PM
caymandiver75

Anyone have these ceramic pads yet? I'm anxious to hear comments about them. Also not being too familiar with ceramic pads, are there any cons to using them vs regular pads? Will they wear out the rotors any quicker?

Current Mods: SIKKY Headers / Borla Exhaust / BC Racing Coilovers (403whp Dynojet)
06 Prius
post #28 of 97 Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
asloudasitgets

whats going on with the pads. the lowest price i found was $295 for the front pads and $179 for the rears plus tax and shipping.
post #29 of 97 Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
caymandiver75

Quote:
Originally Posted by asloudasitgets View Post
whats going on with the pads. the lowest price i found was $295 for the front pads and $179 for the rears plus tax and shipping.

What pads are those prices for?

06 Prius
post #30 of 97 Old 01-14-2009, 11:15 PM
asloudasitgets

the f of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode