Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Price for Front brake pads

68K views 95 replies 37 participants last post by  brown598 
#1 ·
Is there any F champs or others that know of replacments & price? My dealer quoted me 465.00 for the pads. Brembo website offers no insight. Thanx in advance for any input.

#42 ·
JEEEEZZZZZZZ guys, this post goes on forever. As for Raceshopper, Lowrider was nice enuff to find them & post about said find, I acted on post & bought pads & am more than happy since install. I can say they dust less than stock pads. As for paying 375 for pads from endlessusa well if you got the cash good on ya. Not sure why admin is ticed at raceshopper, I told them I found them on this site b4 he ever posted here. Far as I am concerned he is the first to actually have the pads instock & delivered in 3 days.

#43 ·
Despite pads used, is it necessary to replace the rotors? I was told by dealer that they could NOT be cut/resurfaced?

I know Ive had to replace my big brake kit due to crossed drilled/slots :(

Also, ceramic pads I have installed on my other car produce LESS dust than my semi-metallics and did last longer ;)

#44 ·
I did not cut my Rotors & am not a fan of cutting. You lose material & gain heat its that simple. Again I had 6000 miles on the brakes & rotors. If you warp these rotors to bad you will need to replace them. But these are performance Brembo brakes so warping should not be an issue.

#54 · (Edited)
I personally ordered a set front and back from endlessusa.com last week.
I asked around about the company and was told that they are very good for pads, a little pricey and they don't have any in the states, they come strait from Japan shipping alone cost me $140.
The good thing is they have many options, the guy I spoke to on the telephone said that if I was going to track the car they have a new compound that you can use on the street and on the track for lapping days.
Their prices are all the same no matter which pads you chose track or street, I got MX 72.
I expect to get them in the next 2 week, will keep everyone posted on how they work.
I also got a set of the Ferodo, from raceshopper.com, they delivered the next day, but I will wait for my front to finish and then I will try them.

#62 ·
Excuse my ignorance, but you guys are saying like $275 for the fronts, are we talking about both wheels, or per side?

#72 ·
Nightspore, thanks for the write up, it will definitely help those that haven't installed pads before or need a little guidance on the F

#76 ·
I went with Carbotech . F&R were under $350 delivered. They work great after bedding in .Probably a 90% reduction in dust. By the way my installer DID turn front rotors and told me you need to be very careful , but it can be done. So far so good ,they don't have the initial bite of stock pad but otherwise they work great!

#79 · (Edited)
Do not buy and use the raceshopper ceramic pads!

This is what your rotors look like after making 2 120mph stops with the raceshopper ceramic pads. They leave heat spots and as you can see the pad doesn't even make full contact with the rotor from outer to inner edge. FWIW I've had these ceramic pads on the car since early spring so they were fully bedded.

Here is what the OEM pads look like the day after I removed the POS raceshopper ceramic pads. Everything is perfect once again. The rotor and pad are making full contact, no high speed vibration, brake feel is tight and assuring and now i'm back to washing off brake dust. :p

#80 ·
I have the Hawk pads on my 08 Is-F. They are great. I had
them installed @ the dealer when I picked the car up new so
I can not compare them to the factory pads. Thanks
to Doug G and Lexus of Dayton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.