Tein Comfort Sport Coil-overs - Page 2 - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #11 of 22 Old 05-02-2009, 12:22 AM
clifftrail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They are adjustable, you can pick your height by adjusting with a spanner wrench.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 PM
TinCan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublexl View Post
tein comfort sports are a coilover. they are their own spring and shock sold together.
lol sorry I was reading two threads and posted that info here... I was talking about after-market springs and shocks... not coil overs.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 AM
weaponX

I'd also like to hear some feedback on Tein Comfort Sport specifically for the IS-F.

Handling?

Ride Quality?

Worthwhile aftermarket mod?

Thanks.

2010 Lexus IS-F USB/white
2007 BMW M5 alpine white/black
2002 BMW M3 Coupe (gone and forgotten)
1999 BMW 540i (gone not forgotten)
1997 Acura NSX-T (gone not forgotten)
1994 Porsche 911 Coupe (gone not forgotten)
1990 Porsche 911 Coupe (gone)

post #14 of 22 Old 08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
tlowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
I'd also like to hear some feedback on Tein Comfort Sport specifically for the IS-F.

Handling?

Ride Quality?

Worthwhile aftermarket mod?

Thanks.
I recently had the tein Comfort Coilover installed on my F, I had it done at the same time as I had the Sikky Headers installed. I was able to lower my car and have all the weight counter balanced, The ride is smooth as silk and it handles extremely well. I would definitely recommend the Tein Comfort Coilovers. When you install the coilovers you consistantly have the ride you want which does have 16 adjustments, therefore going into sport mode does not make the ride rougher, it stays to how you have them set. You can purchase the parts to electronicly change your setting from in the car, but mine are set in the middle and it feels great just cruising around town, sport driving, and alot more stable at 160 mph.

2008 Mercury Metallic, Borla Cat Back Full Exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, Blitz Throttle Controller, Nitto Invo 275 R / 245 F, Sikky Headers, Tein Comfort Coilovers
post #15 of 22 Old 08-27-2010, 10:19 AM
FABULEXUS

Well this is what i think i need. Here's my story.
I bought my chrome 20'' rims and wheels 3 years ago and i had no height or rubbing problem. Last summer i rode on the stock wheels. This summer i decided to paint my chrome rims and put it back on. What i notice is that my rear tires rub now on certain bumps and front have gap between fender and tire. Sat every winter...Think my rear stock suspension sag??
post #16 of 22 Old 08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
ISF-88

I've ran Tein comfort sports on my F for almost a year now. All I can say is it's definitely stiffer then stock when setted to the stiffest. It handles very well and noticably less body roll. For normal street driving I have all 4 corners at 7 clicks away from stiffest and it still handles well. Like what others think these aren't the same floaty feel Tein CS's like how it feels on the is250 and is350. I don't feel any floatyness at all with mine. Spring rates for the F's applications are 12k/10k which are alot stiffer then the is250/is350 cs's spring rates of 7k/7k. I also have the EDFC unit so I can control the settings inside the car instead of getting out and ripping out panels in the rear to set the rebound/compression which I find a hassle especially in a luxury car. What I really like about the EDFC is when I'm on a super bumpy road all it takes is 1 push of a button to go to softer setting. With the EDFC u can have 3 different memory settings. I made my 3 race/street/comfort

2008 Lexus IS-F Obsidian Blk/Blk-Modified by K&N/JoeZ/Tein/Hawk/Continental
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3858283

(Sold 07/2007)2003 Honda S2000 Modified J's Racing/Spoon/Mugen/Tein/T1R/Alex/Bride/Defi/Advan by www.aj-racing.com
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/644805

(Sold 08/2007)2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Modified by GIAC/Oettinger/Iforged/Brullen/FK Motorsport/Toyo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/472347

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-27-2010 at 07:43 PM.
post #17 of 22 Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Ribena

Have them on my car for around 4 months now.....
No regrets..... much better than stock in terms of both comfort and handling...
adjustments are very easy....
the backs were a bit hard to install as you have to take the boot lining out to get to it....

ISF- Starfire Pearl
PIVOT 3 Drive Throttle Controller
TEIN CST Coilovers
Joe Z Intake
TOMs Dry Panel Filter
ADVAN Racing RS-D
Yokohama ADVAN V103
post #18 of 22 Old 09-05-2010, 11:15 PM
ennigmasoul

Send a message via AIM to ennigmasoul
So I guess the next question would be pricing? Were there any exceptionally good deals? Where did you get them from? And finally, about how long do they take to install?

08 ISF- Pearl White, 35/50% tint, Sikky Headers, smoked tail lights, 245/35/19 & 275/30/19 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta . Much more coming soon! (Any recommendations for intake?)
post #19 of 22 Old 09-06-2010, 01:11 PM
FABULEXUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennigmasoul View Post
So I guess the next question would be pricing? Were there any exceptionally good deals? Where did you get them from? And finally, about how long do they take to install?
Yeah, what he says.
post #20 of 22 Old 09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
clifftrail

Just hit up a couple of the forum sponsors and you'll find the best deals shipped. You won't find anything below 1800 though with EDFC as there is no profit margin for them. GL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode