Tein Springs - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 12-03-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Msbailey44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Msbailey44
Tein Springs

Has anyone put the Tein springs on their car yet...?
Like them Dont like them?
How does it look?

2008 Black on Black IS-F, Flat black roof, and trunk, exhaust tips,emblems, window moldings and Tien springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
JSGarrett76

I had them installed a few weeks back. There's a bunch of threads on these though. I'll take some pictures and post them. The car sits a lot nicer on the wheels now. Not too low. The rear wheel is slightly in the wheel well and the front is just below it. The rides a little different. It feels a touch more bouncy. I've read that other guys like the ride better with them installed over factory springs. I can go either way. I honestly did it more for appearance. Overall I'm very happy with them.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 12:48 AM
IsFly168

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to IsFly168

These springs actually ride better than stock!!! not as bouncy as the oem. These pictures are from my car the day after it was lowered, they are settled now and both the front and back are perfectly level.

post #4 of 15 Old 12-04-2009, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Msbailey44

Send a message via AIM to Msbailey44
WOW that is amazing i cant wait to get those put on in the morning

2008 Black on Black IS-F, Flat black roof, and trunk, exhaust tips,emblems, window moldings and Tien springs.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-25-2009, 04:06 AM
BigMikeISF

I know this thread is a few weeks old but I too have Tein installed on my F. I really like the way it looks as it drops the car enough to get rid of the gap in the front and rear. Imo, ride is improved and not as rough as with the stock springs. The install was simple and took no longer than an hour, max. I'd recommend Tein over other spring choices out there. Friends have switched from Eibach to Tein after riding in the F and feeling the difference/seeing the difference in drop heights. Good luck and let us know what you think

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)
post #6 of 15 Old 12-25-2009, 12:46 PM
abyars

Hey guys is there any "Spring Slap"? I installed F-Sport springs on my IS350 and it had horrible spring slap. I had to purchase spring rubbers from Tein and install them almost around the entire spring to get it to quit. I am reluctant to install springs now
Thanks
Andy

post #7 of 15 Old 12-25-2009, 01:01 PM
IsFly168

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyars View Post
Hey guys is there any "Spring Slap"? I installed F-Sport springs on my IS350 and it had horrible spring slap. I had to purchase spring rubbers from Tein and install them almost around the entire spring to get it to quit. I am reluctant to install springs now
Thanks
Andy
Nope,,, the Tein springs for the F has the rubbers in it.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-29-2009, 04:02 AM
VSL-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeISF View Post
I know this thread is a few weeks old but I too have Tein installed on my F. I really like the way it looks as it drops the car enough to get rid of the gap in the front and rear. Imo, ride is improved and not as rough as with the stock springs. The install was simple and took no longer than an hour, max. I'd recommend Tein over other spring choices out there. Friends have switched from Eibach to Tein after riding in the F and feeling the difference/seeing the difference in drop heights. Good luck and let us know what you think
Hey BigMike, have you had problems with your Lexon front lip now that you are lowered on the Tein's?

2008 Obsidian IS-F: Joe-Z Intake & Exhaust, TOM's Filter, Lexon Front Lip & Roof Spoiler, Lexon CF Fogs, LED's, Black Pearl Emblems, Blacked Out Grill, DRL Delete, DVD/Navi Bypass
post #9 of 15 Old 12-29-2009, 04:08 AM
BigMikeISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSL-F View Post
Hey BigMike, have you had problems with your Lexon front lip now that you are lowered on the Tein's?
I've noticed a little more rubbing but nothing to the extreme. I like to take most steep inclines/declines at an angle so it's not too bad. I did crack the lip the other day though

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)
post #10 of 15 Old 12-29-2009, 01:38 PM
IsFly168

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeISF View Post
I've noticed a little more rubbing but nothing to the extreme. I like to take most steep inclines/declines at an angle so it's not too bad. I did crack the lip the other day though
Ouch.... for a $800+ lip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode