Tein Springs - Page 2 - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #11 of 15 Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 PM
ajaquino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had my tein springs for a while now and have decided to install it this weekend on my 2008 ISF since it's getting warm in NJ...only thing is I lost the bumper cutting guide. Can you guys provide me where to cut bumper at for the front and rears? Great help is appreciated!...what are your thoughts on installing just the fronts? The rear stock drop is perfect...would ride quality be even better with both rear and fronts or same if just the fronts were installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 02-24-2012, 04:54 AM
johnsy

haha primo gas was 2.76 when this post started

08 "F" SGM
07 CBR 600RR
78 CB 550K cafe
75 CB 360T
post #13 of 15 Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 AM
jeanlegro

i had tein suspension on my last bmw. they were good for 1 year and then i was feeling the road more and more. i dont recommand.

post #14 of 15 Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 AM
FRacer83

I have TEINs installed on just the front. It PERFECTLY levels out the car and greatly enhances the appearance. The ride I feel at worst is the same, but most of the time I feel that it's better than stock. Only 2 problems with lowering the car. PROBLEM #1- is that it changes the camber of the wheels soo that the top of the tires are in towards the car more than they should be. I just wore through a new pair of Continental ExtremeContact DW front tires in 8 months with 6/32 tread left in the middle but completely worn through on the inside edge of both tires. The drivers side actually wore completely through and I had a flat on the side of the highway. I just bought 2 new front tires and I needed a solution. They don't make a camber kit for the ISF however, you can get you a set of SBC adjustable ball joints designed specifically for Lexus ISx vehicles, that allow you to adjust camber. You can pick up 2 of these for around $215 or less shipped. PROBLEM #2- it wears your front struts/shocks out much faster than the stock height bc it makes them travel much more. I am hearing both sides popping now and I will have to replace those now also. I hope all that helps.

2008 Mercury Metallic Lexus IS-F w ML/NAV - SOLD
SPEED: K&N Intake, Borla Dual Exhaust, PPE race headers with custom 2.5 inch outlets,
Ported & Polished Throttle Body by Elite Engineering, Ported & Polished Intake Manifold by ExtrudeHone.
SHINE: Garax 6000k low beams, HIDExtra 6000k Fog Light Kit, VLEDs 6000k City Light.
SHOW: S4Play Rear Diffuser.
STANCE: Tein H Lowering Springs - front only.
STICK: 245/35/19 & 275/30/19 Michelin SuperSport tires.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-02-2014, 06:50 AM
badrisf

it help in aerodynamic and increasing in stability of the car or ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode