I hate you guys! - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #1 of 12 Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
eddy663

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate you guys!

You guys are some spoiled people Rollin in a Is-F and you have the nerve to care about things like "warantee" or having to replace a $15,000 engine. Will someone please break an Is-F into the 700whp mark? Also, when will the Is-F loose enough value to the point where I can afford it? 5-10 years? It can't be too long (hopefully).

The signature that previously occupied this space was retarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 AM
doublexl

wow how about you go elsewhere with your QQ story. for the record, the long block is over 20 grand. and who wouldnt be upset with having to pay for a new one. to my knowledge, no one has wrecked an engine yet. and 700whp is not possible because this engine is not mod-friendly.

just gtfo.

Respect a man's car, the man respects you.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Gymkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublexl View Post
wow how about you go elsewhere with your QQ story. for the record, the long block is over 20 grand. and who wouldnt be upset with having to pay for a new one. to my knowledge, no one has wrecked an engine yet. and 700whp is not possible because this engine is not mod-friendly.

just gtfo.
I just ignored him, but I'm glad you said it.

2008 Lexus IS F - SGM - JoeZ intake pipe, Tom's filter, Borla catback exhaust, 30% tint all around, 245/35R19 and 275/30R19 Continental DWS tires
2006 Honda CBR1000RR - Akrapovic Evolution Line Race Exhaust, BMC Race Air Filters, Vortec Rear Sets, Bazzaz Tuner, Dyno Mapped
2000 Honda S2000 (Sold and missed)- AP2 in an AP1, BC coilovers, Prodrive monoblock forged wheels, etc.

"ENTHUSIASM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR CAPABILITY" "Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind."

post #4 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
eddy663

Quote:

just gtfo.
what's a qq story? I was joking btw. And $20,000 for the long lock? Holy crap that's as much as some small cars haha! And I highly doubt 700whp is not acheiveable. With some low compression forged pistons and a turbo The Is-F could reach that. Most engines can run up to twice the factory horsepower so with pistons that would be 834whp. Infact, I don't see why Is-F's can't break the 1,000whp mark other than the fact that tuners don't want to waste R&D into a car where people are going to wait until the warantee is up to put on mods like that on. The only thing I see hurting the Is-F is the 8-speed trans might not hold up well with that amount of power but everything can be beefed up I hope I can get an F someday.

post #5 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 PM
F'n around
LexusF.com SPAM Police

@eddy663- no worries. I caught the sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy663 View Post
...you have the nerve to care about things like "warantee" or having to replace a $15,000 engine. ...Also, when will the Is-F loose enough value to the point where I can afford it? 5-10 years? It can't be too long (hopefully).
The guys are right though about the cost and that is why most everyone is quite hesitant to offer up their car for r&d. If it goes bad you could be screwed. I know there have been a couple concept F's that had turbor installed, but the cost is just too expensive or just can't be justified for the everyday tuner to invest in. There is one thread on here that did have a car being fitted for a supercharger, but I don't exactly remember what happened to it. All I am for sure of is that it didn't work out otherwise I'm sure that thread would still be flooded with current posts.

Keep the dream alive, you'll get your F when the time is right. 2UGRSE has been waiting for what seems like forever with a goal of getting one this year. He has been a frequent poster on here for over the past 2 years and has been compiling a list of mods for when he gets it. Now that is drive and passion for an F.

good luck and keep looking

Starfire Pearl 04/05/08.....CHEERS!!!

Last edited by F'n around; 09-30-2011 at 06:45 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
doublexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy663 View Post
what's a qq story? I was joking btw. And $20,000 for the long lock? Holy crap that's as much as some small cars haha! And I highly doubt 700whp is not acheiveable. With some low compression forged pistons and a turbo The Is-F could reach that. Most engines can run up to twice the factory horsepower so with pistons that would be 834whp. Infact, I don't see why Is-F's can't break the 1,000whp mark other than the fact that tuners don't want to waste R&D into a car where people are going to wait until the warantee is up to put on mods like that on. The only thing I see hurting the Is-F is the 8-speed trans might not hold up well with that amount of power but everything can be beefed up I hope I can get an F someday.
son, you cant even spell warranty. i know i don't type with proper punctuation or even capital letters but that is because i am lazy.

here is the link for the engine price. http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...-ISF-2009.html

and what part of not mod-friendly didn't you comprehend? since you do so much reading and you have so much knowledge of low compression forged pistons, you must know that you need to be able to TUNE AN ECU to adjust engine parameters in order to make power from a modification like that. that is something that HAS NOT BEEN DONE ON AN ISF. the ecu has not been cracked. and all piggyback systems have been hack jobs or have failed miserably. yes 1000whp would probably be possible from a 5.0L v8. BUT. BUT BUT BUT BUT. who is going to make all the supporting parts for this kind of power? the ISF is so low volume that it is hard to do. i recently was in my dealers show room and the ISF they had on the floor had a VIN number only 1800 higher than mine. i have a 2009. that's 2 and a half years since i got it, and there are probably less than 2500 newer ones than mine. so, your dreams cannot be realized. if you want it done, find a pile of money and get it done. but you dont even have one so that is unlikely.

do some more reading before you open your mouth in such a way. seriously i think you are some 16 year old kid the way you talk.

post #7 of 12 Old 09-30-2011, 11:19 PM
doublexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymkata View Post
....but i'm glad you said it.
this is what i do

post #8 of 12 Old 10-01-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
eddy663

Quote:
son, you cant even spell warranty. i know i don't type with proper punctuation or even capital letters but that is because i am lazy.

here is the link for the engine price. http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...-ISF-2009.html

and what part of not mod-friendly didn't you comprehend? since you do so much reading and you have so much knowledge of low compression forged pistons, you must know that you need to be able to TUNE AN ECU to adjust engine parameters in order to make power from a modification like that. that is something that HAS NOT BEEN DONE ON AN ISF. the ecu has not been cracked. and all piggyback systems have been hack jobs or have failed miserably. yes 1000whp would probably be possible from a 5.0L v8. BUT. BUT BUT BUT BUT. who is going to make all the supporting parts for this kind of power? the ISF is so low volume that it is hard to do. i recently was in my dealers show room and the ISF they had on the floor had a VIN number only 1800 higher than mine. i have a 2009. that's 2 and a half years since i got it, and there are probably less than 2500 newer ones than mine. so, your dreams cannot be realized. if you want it done, find a pile of money and get it done. but you dont even have one so that is unlikely.

do some more reading before you open your mouth in such a way. seriously i think you are some 16 year old kid the way you talk.
Dude, Why such hate? Even if I WAS 16 what does that matter? Also, you said 700whp wasn't possible. That isn't true. It might not be cheap, reliable, make business sense, or even make much sense at all but it is 150% within the realm of possibility. MHP DID crack the ECU. Custom parts CAN be made. All our cars need now is someone crazy enough and with enough money to do so. And you know what? My Is-F has close to 800hp in GT5 so

post #9 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Gymkata

Hey everybody, let's just let this thread R.I.P. It is a perfect example of the first quote in my sig.

2008 Lexus IS F - SGM - JoeZ intake pipe, Tom's filter, Borla catback exhaust, 30% tint all around, 245/35R19 and 275/30R19 Continental DWS tires
2006 Honda CBR1000RR - Akrapovic Evolution Line Race Exhaust, BMC Race Air Filters, Vortec Rear Sets, Bazzaz Tuner, Dyno Mapped
2000 Honda S2000 (Sold and missed)- AP2 in an AP1, BC coilovers, Prodrive monoblock forged wheels, etc.

"ENTHUSIASM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR CAPABILITY" "Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind."
post #10 of 12 Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 AM
GrandPap

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymkata View Post
Hey everybody, let's just let this thread R.I.P. It is a perfect example of the first quote in my sig.
+6.022 x 10^23

2011 MM, Passport 9500ix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode