Turbo? - Page 2 - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #11 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
BigMikeISF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^The stock ECU will not compensate for boost. See page two and three for an explanation:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...s-on-ebay.html

With that said, if you're not going to do the work yourself, you should go to a highly reputable shop that is willing to take the time to custom fabricate quality pieces for your possible build. The F is a tricky car when it comes to adding FI and it needs to be done carefully (although it can be done).

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 09:58 PM
IS-FTW

I read that thread which is why I made the comment. What I should have said is - the stock system has enough fuel to compensate as there are two complete sets of injectors and the system is 98% direct injected at wot. Whether or not the system can read positive manifold pressure is a different story.

1991 MR2 V6T - my love
2005 GX470 - bad weather daily
2010 IS-F - good weather daily
post #13 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 PM
BigMikeISF

^No worries, just wanted clarify for the OP incase he does carry this out.

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)

post #14 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 PM
GrandPap

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-FTW View Post
Since you already have the turbos all you're really looking at is some custom piping, an intercooler + bov, and a couple of wastegates (assuming the turbos you have aren't internally gated). I believe the stock ecu will compensate for up to 8psi so no tuning really needed (though not ideal). T3/T4's really aren't that large and could probably fit where the cats are on the stock headers. If you wanted to be really cheap you could probably have everything done for about $2-3k...
And an exhaust system if he doesn't have that.

2011 MM, Passport 9500ix
post #15 of 18 Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
MRxSLAYx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilhem View Post
I know the engine does not need to be built but as the Artisan kit costs $17K for parts alone I assumed $15K to be reasonable
Really? Not going to lie, thats nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-FTW View Post
Since you already have the turbos all you're really looking at is some custom piping, an intercooler + bov, and a couple of wastegates (assuming the turbos you have aren't internally gated). I believe the stock ecu will compensate for up to 8psi so no tuning really needed (though not ideal). T3/T4's really aren't that large and could probably fit where the cats are on the stock headers. If you wanted to be really cheap you could probably have everything done for about $2-3k...
This is what im thinking.

08 Is-F Obsidian Neiman Marcus500whp 525wtq
My Youtube Channel
post #16 of 18 Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 AM
bhqisf50

Still no update on supercharger setup????? Disappointing...pics were promised weeks and weeks ago! Still nothing! So whats going on with build Elite?!?!
post #17 of 18 Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
abyars

Agreed, no pics as promised. Any news Splat?

post #18 of 18 Old 01-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Splat

Pics are not released bc its not finished andy doesnt want me to put out non finished pictures of the product. so i was promised pics and got them. And i will continue to honor his wish with the pictures. The care will be done by the time i am out of this class in quantico. then i will be flying to Minn to pick up the car and drive it back to Miami.

2008 IS-F
Joe-Z intake, Tom's air filter, 20% all the way around, interior LED kit, F-Sport shifter, rear roof spoiler, 5axis rims, and ISSForged black ceramic track exhuast!
2007 STi (fully built 500hp): Sold
2005 WRX: Sold
2005 Chevy Silverado on 26's: Sold
1999 Civic si: Sold
DRZ-400SM rocking the streets daily!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode