Price for Front brake pads - Page 2 - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum

post #11 of 97 Old 12-30-2008, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
alexzxlex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all, nice spam on here... I fitted the pads Sunday. Great news, its easier than a pad slap on low end cars. Low end brake systems, (read) most require removal of caliper to fit pads. ISF just slip out of top after pin removal. Its actually less labor. The whole job took an hour in the garage. Of course I did clean & lube all pins & movin hardware. The pistons 6 per caliper I was able to push back with my fingers evenly till they bottom in the bore. The calipers are embossed brembo in very small LOGO on the top of the caliper. The finish is first rate. Moving along, the ferodos work nicely, after bed in intial bite is similar to stock but as I increase pressure the bite seems a bit more aggresive which I like. As for track time with these I will see in spring. The price was right & the job is easy if you know cars & brakes. Its nice to see that any work can be done at a home shop. especially if the dealer quote is 700$ Cheers & Happy New Year to all. Hope to see some of us at the track in 09

Speedlimits are for the guidance of Wisemen & the obedience of FOOLS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 97 Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 PM
lowrider

So glad it worked out. As I indicated before, I have had very good luck with Ferodo in the past both in automotive and motorcycle use. From what you have said, when I am ready to ready to fit new pads, they will be Ferodo. They are a quality pad.

Lou
post #13 of 97 Old 12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Turfgod

My question will be how will they wear the disc. I too have had several bikes and changed to a more agresive pad. They worked great, with one draw back. I noticed a lot more wear on the disc. Why did you not turn the rotors during the pad swap? I was told turning the rotors when you replace pads help for a longer pad life.

Troy

post #14 of 97 Old 01-01-2009, 01:51 AM
BigMikeISF

Wow, good to know another pad fits the F giving us more options! Do you have any pics of the pads? cross drilled?

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)
post #15 of 97 Old 01-01-2009, 02:37 AM
lowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeISF View Post
Wow, good to know another pad fits the F giving us more options! Do you have any pics of the pads? cross drilled?
Cross drilled pads

Lou
post #16 of 97 Old 01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
BigMikeISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Cross drilled pads

Lou
For some odd reason I thought we were talking about rotars Oh well

2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F - Work Gnosis GS3 Wheels Burning Black Centers with Polished Lips F: 20x9 R:20x11; Nitto Invo Tires F: 245/30/20 R: 285/25/20; Lexon Front Lip, Rear Roof Spoiler and CF Fog Covers; Custom Rear Diffuser and Tinted Tails; Joe Z Exhaust; AFE Takeda Intake; Blitz Throttle Controller; Smoked Emblems; JDM Window Visors; Tein Springs; Passport 9500xi Radar Detector; 5% Tint including windshield (I think that's it but might be missing something...feel free to ask)
post #17 of 97 Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 PM
lowrider

OK Mike, you're forgiven

BTW - It's rotors

Lou
post #18 of 97 Old 01-02-2009, 02:21 AM
BigMikeISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
OK Mike, you're forgiven

BTW - It's rotors

Lou
Wow, I'm two for two! Wayyy to much fun on New Year

post #19 of 97 Old 01-03-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
alexzxlex

I did not cut the rotors becouse firstly, they did not need it secondly every time you cut rotors you lose metal which translates to increase heat that can not be bled away. As for wear on the rotors due to more aggresive pads I wil have to see.i have used Ferodos on my roadrace bikes with no adverse wear on rotors but Idont think its a fair comparo

Speedlimits are for the guidance of Wisemen & the obedience of FOOLS
post #20 of 97 Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
toofire

Hey guys I was floored when the guy at the Lexus parts counter told me the price for front pads was over $400. So, I talked to the guys from Chin motorsports and they referred me to Carbotech. They told me if I could send them a set of pads they will make a copy of the backing plates and be able to have them in stock to put any compound we want on them. This will give us another source for pads. So, the F will go on blocks this weekend, and pads will be shipped. Carbotech asked that we refrain from calling or pre-ordering till I have test fit there pads to confirm fitment. I was told 15 days to get backing plates copied and start making them. Then 3-4 days for the compound to be installed I will get back to you when I have more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Brakes/Suspension/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode