Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

How much discount Can I get on a Canadian 09 isf? Please help!

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  sulfur 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I am new to this forum! I have been thinking about to get a ISF in Canada! The MSRP i got on lexus website is 69100 dollar (Include Navi and satellite radio). This is a little out of my price range, I am willing to get it down to 64100! Is this price achievable? Please help! Thank you very much in advance!
P.S. Is isf a reliable car? Can I cash buy buy it and keep it for at least 8 yrs?

#2 ·
hey dude welcome to the forums....um im pretty sure that you can work something about the price, when you say cash buy it out do you mean, buy it all with cash? i don't think thats a good idea...if thats the case, because anyting in the US past 10,000 subjects to being reported i believe because govt wants to know how you got that much money in cash if it isnt in your bank accounts and what not. yes the car is reliable, its a lexus nice warranty thats on it and everything

#3 ·
hey dude welcome to the forums....um im pretty sure that you can work something about the price, when you say cash buy it out do you mean, buy it all with cash? i don't think thats a good idea...if thats the case, because anyting in the US past 10,000 subjects to being reported i believe because govt wants to know how you got that much money in cash if it isnt in your bank accounts and what not. yes the car is reliable, its a lexus nice warranty thats on it and everything
Thank you for your reply! I should of expressed myself a little more clear! When I say cash, I mean purchase the whole thing with one swip of my credit card!

#4 ·
Welcome to the site!! :)

The IS-F is a very reliable car thus far (no one has it over 18000 miles yet that I know of, but I don't see any problems since its a Toyota) and no problems what-so-ever. Lexus is made by Toyota and the two companies have the highest reliability ratings compared to any other car maker. http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/10/23/business/NA-US-Auto-Reliability.php

I'm not sure how much of a discount you would get on an 09 since they just came out but you might want to visit a dealership and see what they have to offer or talk to one of the guys online here who work at dealerships :)

#7 ·
FYI : Most dealerships are getting away from taking Credit Cards, unless used in Service or in the Parts Department. Lexus Financial Services and other banks are not accepting people putting their Down Payment or Money Due on Credit Cards. And more importantly, we will not take AMEX for anything. With AMEX, even if you only put $100 on it when you purchase a Used Non Certified vehicle, or anything else, it automatically comes with a 1 year/12k mile warranty that the dealership has to honor. So, no more AMEX in a dealership, and no more borrowing money on a Credit Card to borrow more money from a lender to buy or purchase your next car.

The other thing I would like to say is, honestly, we as a dealership can not discriminate against someone that needs a loan vs someone that writes us a check. We can't say, well Mr/Mrs Customer, since you are writing a check, you pay this, but if you are financing, you pay this....

Not fair to either party, and dealerships have been sued over this.

Now, back on the subject, I'm not sure how much your local dealership is willing to discount a 09, but it never hurts to ask. I just wouldn't be suprised if they tell you to pound sand or buy a 08 for that amount.

Good Luck !!

#9 ·
Today I just went to a Lexus dealer, the sales person gave me a 5000 discount on the 08 ISF without I even start to ask him about the price! But one thing I have noticed is that the brake on the car suppose to only last for 12000 km, I didnt know that before! I easily put 20k on my car each year, this means I will have to pay around 10000 dollar(he said everytime when I need to replace the brake, I will be looking at around 4000-5000 dollar) each yr just to replace the brakes! This seems a little too high for me! Now I dunno what to do anymore!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.