Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

I Dont Get It ?

7K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  JACKISF 
#1 ·
HEY GUYS JUST WONDERING Y THEY OFFER THE PS2 TIERS ON SOME LEXUS ISFs AND IF THER NOW PUTING THEM ON ALL THE NEWER ISFs JUST WORNDERING BECAUSE I SWITCHED OVER TO THEM AND I THINK THER 10TIMES BETTER THEN THE BRIDGESTONES ON THER WHEN I GOT IT

#2 ·
woohaa there all caps :p

The PS2's were designed specifically by Michelin for the IS-F. I don't know for sure why they don't put them on all F's but I would assumte the reason they don't stock all PS2's is they want to give individuals a chance to choose their tire and so they need more then one option. Plus, aren't the Bridgestones a tad cheaper then the PS2's? That would be another reason why they would offer more then one tire.

I am burning through a set of Bridgestones and will have the PS2's put on next. Why are they so much better if you mind me asking? Just because of the sticker compound? :cool:

#3 ·
well i put them on and right away i felt a diffrence as i pulled out the dealer high way driven ther quiter and much more nimble and firm on the road also if your going to change them go wit a 275/30/19 in the rear looks amazing gives the wider stance and aslo more grip put the tier is a world of diff

#4 ·
Both Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and Bridgestone Potenza RE050's are both OE Spec tires for the IS F. I've asked the same question to my corp contacts and they were unsure with production as well. For every 10 IS-F's i've seen at dealers, only one has the PS2's. I remember hearing that the PS2 size for the IS F was on a worldwide back order, which is why there are more Bridgestones on the current F's.

As for the treadwear for both tires, both will last about the same time. The PS2's in my opinion are a lot more stickier than the Potenzas so treadlife will be a lot less less.

#5 ·
My F came with the Bridgestones. When I was making the deal to buy it, I told my dealer, no sale unless they tire swaped to PS2s. They took a set of wheels off another F, and swapped them. So far, I like the tires a lot.

Lou

#6 ·
Flipside, that would make sense as to why there are so few with PS2's installed. That, along with the price difference would answer the original question! :) Thanks for the info, we can always count on ya'll to answer our questions!

#8 ·
Tires with a softer compound wear faster whether they are on an F or on a Honda. Why should that scare you away? If you don't want the ultimate handling that the F was designed for, put something harder and cheaper on. Also, if you can afford this car, you should be able afford to maintain it.

Lou

#15 ·
This is directly from their website. It explains how they figure the warranty rating. There is also a link below, hopefully it answers your questions :D

*Tire Rack's Tire Warranty Rating is an overall rating given to tire warranties after subjectively evaluating their value for the consumer. Warranties are rated on a scale of 0-5 with 5 being the highest. This rating combines all of the aspects of each tire's warranty where applicable, including: mileage/treadlife, materials and workmanship, balance and uniformity, replacement tire cost, warranty duration and any special manufacturer's warranties that apply. See official manufacturer's warranty brochure for specific details.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Warranty.jsp?make=Michelin&model=Pilot+Sport+PS2&vehicleSearch=true&index=1&partnum=24YR9SPTPS2XLV2&partnum=535YR9SPTPS2XLV4&tirePageLocQty=%26frontTire%3D24YR9SPTPS2XLV2%26rearTire%3D535YR9SPTPS2XLV4

#18 ·
I've flogged many IS F's in the last 2 years. Majority of them had PS2's and for good reason. The Potenzas get awful loud after a few hundred miles of hard driving. The PS2's on the other hand, still ride very smooth after a hard track day. The PS2's proved themselves well at Laguna Seca and California Speedway for me. I'm glad my 09 came with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.