Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Rear Tire Size

19K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  F'n around 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to fit a 275/35/19 on the Factory rear wheel? I have already burned up my PS2's and would like a larger contact patch if at all possible. Let me know.:cool:

#2 ·
not yet but the michelin 255 is actually close to my dunlop sport maxx 275's I think you can probably get away with it, depending on the manufacturer. Just have to look at the recommended rim width range for the particular tire.
specs on the PS2 suggest that you can run a 275/35/19 on a 9" rim

Tire Size 275/35ZR19/XL
Type of Tire Ultra-High Performance Sport
Rim Width Range 9" - 11"
Section Width on Measuring Rim Width 10.94" on 9.5"
Aspect Ratio 35
Overall Diameter 26.57"
Tread Depth 9.5/32"
Tire Revolutions per Mile 783 at 45mph

Tire Size 255/40ZR19
Type of Tire Ultra-High Performance Sport
Rim Width Range 8.5" - 10"
Section Width on Measuring Rim Width 10.2" on 9"
Aspect Ratio 40
Overall Diameter 27"
Tread Depth 9.5/32"
Tire Revolutions per Mile 769 at 45mph

#3 ·
Thanks for the emperical data. I knew someone had the info at their quick disposal. Just looking for a little more traction. When new the 255/35/19's are hard to keep from spinning. With less then 5k left on them their not much better than slicks.

#4 ·
haha, yes the joys of power to the wheels. A side note...maybe use trac and sport more often...then I guess you just wear out the brakes ;) pads are cheaper than tires I guess. I picked up a set of PS2 rears from costco.com when they were mismarked. I got them for a steal at $100 per installed for the rears....even though I was shopping for snows :lol

I knew I would need them eventually.

#5 ·
I run in sport mode with trac on religiously! Must have something to do with the hard to resist burnout shows I have been known to perform for the kids!!!:D WOW @ $100 per I would have bought as many as they had. I have a connection and can procure the stock size PS2 rears mounted,balanced and Nitrogen for $695. I checked and the 275's will be a liitle more. I'll let you what I end up doing and how it works out. Take care.

#6 ·
Not to hijack this thread, but anyone know if anything wider than 225s will go on the front? I know that 245/35 will fit a 8" wheel, but is there any interference issues?

Thanks

Lou

#14 · (Edited)
What are your rim specs and what tires are you using?

20x ???

#20 ·
Look at this!

6speedonline.com/forums/lexus/186895-lexus-f-one-aggressive-f-d2forged.html

What kind of work is needed for 295's on the rear's? Looks amazing!
No "work" is necessary to fit 295mm rear tires, only the right backspacing on the wheel.

This post has been deleted
#22 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if I understand that last statement...at all.

#24 ·
I should have said that what Broderick said makes no sense, not that I didn't understand it. First of all, using the term "bigger" is ambiguous, since bigger could mean taller or wider. Also, if you put on a taller tire, the speedometer will read lower than the rate you are actually traveling, not the other way around. Furthermore, I don't understand what the "pin" of the speedometer is?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.