Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

IS-F Wheel best fittment???

80K views 80 replies 20 participants last post by  Gymkata 
#1 ·
I'm looking into changing the rims for my F... just wondering whats the best fittment for it? front and rear??

#4 ·
Sometimes thats too small, depending on the wheels specs and clearance.

Give us more of what your looking for chinkzzz :cool: Do you know what size you want to go with? Lightweight, forged, 1 piece, 3 piece, etc? Do you have any in mind? Pics? :)

#8 ·
Does anybody know what the stock offsets are on the F? This seems to be pretty difficult information to get. I don't know why:confused: I can't find it anywhere in Lexus's specs.

Lou

#12 ·
Best fitment
front 8.5" +38 mm
rear 9.5" +48 mm

If you want a little more aggressive with the chance of rubbing,rolling fenders etc. add more width to either and lower the offset. For example:

front 9" +35
rear 10" +40

This info would be for either 19" or 20"

Tires: 245/40/19
275/35/19

245/35/20
275/30/20

Best setups to keep your rolling diameter in check....

#14 ·
I disagree with you both on the tire sizes. Using those sizes will increase the OD by an inch and throw off the speedometer. To maintain the stock height, go with 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. When my OEMs go, I'm thinking about going with 235/40/19 and 265/35/19 on the stock wheels. A little bigger in diameter, but not enough to really matter, IMO. However, there seems to little room in front, and I'm reluctant to going any wider than 235 in cross section. Also, at this point in time, there doesn't seem to be a good solution (read selection) as far as tire brands and models for the two sizes I have in mind.

Lou

#16 ·
The sizes you list are certainly the closest to OE rolling diameter. I can tell you that a 19x9 with a 45mm offset will not rub on the front running a 255/35-19. On the rear, 19x10.5 with a 60mm offset will not rub with 295/30-19. Some people prefer a tire with a little more meat on the sidewall. Anything below 3% is acceptable on the IS-F.

#15 ·
We are splittin hairs here. The sizes that we recommended are 6 to 8 tenths of an inch bigger than stock tire diameter. As you said..not really enough to really matter. I have run 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear on the IS-F without any issues. There might be a closer size than what we described but finding a decent manufacturer who makes the sizes can be an issue. A wider cross section on a front tire will pull around a bit more in the ruts in the road for sure but you will gain grip and crisper turn in. Seems like there is a trade off for most changes you make on a car.

#22 ·
Is anybody here running these size wheels, tires, and offsets? If so, can you confirm that this is the correct offset with no rubbing? Thanks in advance.

#24 ·
Thanks A Lot

#32 ·
So just to make sure I'm clear.....can I run the following without rubbing (assuming rear rolled fenders):

19x8.5f (+42 offset) with 245/35/19
19x10.5r (+59 offset) with 285/30/19

Peter

#33 · (Edited)
Edit:
Peter you are on the right track,

Wheel widths and offsets look good.

As for your tires, Yes the 245/35R19 and 285/30R19 would be great sizes to run.

Now that you are this far I would recommend calling the wheel manufacturer and asking them if the wheels you want will clear the brakes on your F. (We can do this for you if you would like.)

Lastly, PM us what you want and we'll be happy to see if we can get you the best price on it. We would love to earn your business.

-Travis

#37 ·
Travis...ok, here is my new thought:

Front: 19x9 with +36 offset and 245/35/19
Rear: 19x10.5 with +51 offset and 295/30/19 (rolled rear fender)

I decided on 295/30 b/c that is the exact same diameter as the stock rear. Car will be lowered on Tein's (1.0f and 0.6r). Thoughts on clearance?

Peter

#42 ·
Like previously mentioned, the 235/35-19 and 265/30-19 sizes work on your factory wheels but most matching tire sets in this size do not have the correct load index for your IS-F. The stock load index in the front is 93XL and the stock load index in the rear is 96XL. The Invo in size 235/35-19 has a 91XL load index and the 265/30-19 Invo has a 93XL load index. We do not recommend running a tire with a lower load rating than what comes factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.