Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Discuss the NEW Michelin Pilot Super Sport

21K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Linkseal 
#1 · (Edited)

Michelin Pilot Super Sport
UTQG: 300 AA, A (All Sizes)

Click here for: Sizes, Specs, and Pricing on the Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Michelin’s Pilot Super Sport tire represents their latest racing technology. Designed for high performance vehicles
and summer driving, the tire excels at extreme dry and wet handling and traction. The Pilot Super Sport also stands
up well under constant handling demands, wearing up to twice as long as competitive brands. The tire is YR rated,
carries an XL load rating and is available in 17-inch to 22-inch sizes and 50 to 25 aspect ratios

TECHNOLOGY

Up to 12% better handling than leading competitors

- Inspired by the same engineering that has powered 13 consecutive victories at 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Up to 2x longer lasting than leading competitors

- Optimized through technology of Variable Contact Patch 2.0 and Twaron belt package for long even wear.

Better braking than leading competitors

- Bi-compound delivers excellent dry braking using LeMans-inspired compound on the outer shoulder and the latest generation of wet-oriented elastomers on the inner portion of the tread.

REVIEWS

**Tested** The New Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Testing the Michelin Pilot Super Sport - MotorTrend

Review: Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires - Special Report - Road & Track

Customer Reviews

MEDIA
(click any image for video content)

If you are running the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, post your review here along with a picture or two – we, as well as Michelin, would love to read them.

***TECHNICAL BULLETIN 06/03/2011 from Michelin*** Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires are designed, in specific dimensions, to replace the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tireline. Due to the improved performance of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, these products must not be mixed in any configuration or combination on the same vehicle.

See less See more
#40 ·
finally put mine on the other day after having them sit my in kitchen for 2 months lol
they feel a bit softer then the ps2's but only a tad, good for our sporty suspension
and the grip is very much what i remember when i had the new ps2s
road noise is about the same
tread life is better
I made the right choice in tire
got a great deal from discount tire direct
great customer service and quick shipping even to canada
will buy again, they are my tire store

Attachments

#41 ·
I installed upsized 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 PSS on my 11' F, so far so good in 500km DD break-in compared to OEM PS2 (sold after only 1000km).

Will try them out later after lowering on KW V3.

BTW, what tire pressure you guys are running on 245/35/19 and 275/30/19?
OEM suggests 36psi all around, I am currently running 38psi all around, spare tire deleted in the trunk.

#42 ·
I was running 38 psi all round but have now upped the pressure to 40 psi as the 275/30/19 on the were showing signs of wearing more on the inside and outside edges.
Still impressed by the Super Sports, much better grip than the PS2's in both wet and dry conditions and a lot less tail happy on the track:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.