Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Canadian Tire buyers eh!

7K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Carbon 
#1 ·
Looking to replace my tires and wondering if any fellow canucks purchased from down south (Discount tire, tire rack) or did they buy from their own home town. I live in Edmonton and have been looking at Costco as they are hundreds of dollars cheaper than tire shops (Kaltire, Fountain tire). I have been concerned about buying down south for warranty issues although I might save a couple of hundred. Does anyone have any suggestions or good/bad stories of the same dilema?

#6 ·
I can't say enough good things about using tire rack. Weather you get them installed at a certified dealer in the states or have them shipped here to Canada, it is an excellent service.

Having the selection of wheels CAD or physically tested on the vehicle sold me. I ended up getting snow tires mounted and balanced on Enkei wheels and shipped to Canada. The emergency jack was more than sufficient to change the tires and I got a torque wrench from princess auto. The thought of the dealer marking the rims with air tools is something I'm not taking a chance on.

FYI. The dealer said they aren't responsible for scarred rims when replacing the tires on our BBS rims. Apparently they are hard to work with.... I'd look around for a competent shop.

#9 ·
I looked at the difference in the price and the biggest factor was the shipping. One of the many draw backs of living in Edmonton (only take my car out 5 mths of the year, potholes that could swallow a small sedan, horrible hockey team--for now) is the distance from the border. I considered having the tires shipped to Montana and have them installed there, even considered having them shipped to Edmonton and pay the duty but in the end I would only save a 100-150 on the tires...PLUS i would not get warranty threw the installers but have to deal with tire rack. Thanks for the heads up on installation on the installation teams..I will have to ensure they know what they are doing.

#13 ·
I am in Toronto east end though. I will come out to some meets as well.

For installing tires. I get mine done at wheels direct but they are in the east. I have also ordered from Discount tire and got them shipped to Nj when I was there for D1GP and then brought them back. They had good service when I used them.

Dwayn

#20 ·
Sorry to hijack the tire thread.....

The MyIS.net, Club Lexus (me included) have been meeting for 10 years in the west end.

There will be one ISF there this Thursday about 8- 11 ish talking to the LS, GS and IS guys.

The 2nd Thursday of every month 8pm in Mississauga @ Tim Horton's / Marshall's plaza whether it rains , snows or is windy the meet is always on .
It is located at the N/E corner of Brittania and Terry Fox which is west of Mavis .
From the 401 take Mavis south.
3rd light is Brittania make a right (west ) ( Canadian Tire at South west corner)
2nd light is Terry fox , make a right and the plaza is on your left .

March 10
April 14
May 12
--May*** TBD dent clinic meet *** pending for Saturday the 28th
June 9
July 14
August 11
September 8
October 13
November 10
December 8

Anyone is welcome just leave the showing off at home .
Most people show up at 8:30-9 and range of age from 18 to 50

Digger08

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.