Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Wheel Chip

20K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  weaponX 
#1 ·
Well, only 2500 KM's and I've gotten a chipped wheel. I sent in this picture since I don't have a Lexus dealer in my town.

Lexus tells me that if it's a defect they'll cover it, but if it's rock damage they will not. They'll ship me a wheel, I send mine back and they bill me $3,000 if they determine it was rock damage.

What do you guys think? I haven't heard any bangs or have any reason to believe that I got a rock. Of the one gravel road I've driven on I didn't exceed 10 Km/hour.

C.

See less See more
#33 ·
Assuming you guys mean what happened with the wheel chip...

So far it's still the same. I didn't get it sent away over the winter and I'm just getting ready to insure the car for the summer. With any luck I'll get it done in Vancouver this year.

Here's the a better look at the wheel - It's not terribly noticeable, otherwise I would be in more of a panic to get it done.

#34 ·
There is a rock chip in that picture? :p

Man oh man I wish we got the Canadian wheels down here, they are awesome looking :cool:

#43 ·
Just wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate the good advice on this forum site. I've got 13k miles on my IS F, and today when I was cleaning the wheels I found three small chips in a rear wheel. I was totally bummed, I was thinking about trying to find touch-up paint, then I remembered this website that I haven't logged into for months. I got the good advice and info I needed. Thanks!!

Travelingman
La Vernia, TX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.