Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Weds Wheels

13K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  REBOTE05 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Yes, bros I have the WEDs. They're forged and much lighter than OEMs at less than 9kg per wheel. I still think that the ISF's better lap time against the C63 in our magazine's comparo was partly due to it. he he he.. But there is noticable improvement especially when exiting from curves at the track. I have 8 in. up front and 9s at the rear but offsets are such that they stick out a bit more. I think they are 35 and 45 respectively. I use my original Pilots Sports for tires and there's a bit of rubbing on the rear but not enough to cause significant damage.

#11 ·
Yes, Kazaks, 10in for the rear will not work especially with my offset. Try contacting them and see if they have other offsets. For the front there seems to be more room, I just don't know if you put a 9 in if it will touch the fenders liners when you turn the wheel to lock. Mine is alright as it stands.

I can't remember how much I paid for them, I know it was quite reasonable. I got them from the Tom's/TRD distributor in (Mongkok) Hong Kong last January. I just fell in love with them when I carried a piece and noticed how light it was.

#14 ·
Yes, it is. It's Royal blue actually and blends well with the car especially when in motion, I hear. On the highway, people driving alongside only see the rotor, the 6-pot caliper, and the blue band. The wheel design and finish sort of efaces itself. Neat.

I was almost tempted to get the polished one which I think came in like a dark gun metal grey, but I opted for the less flashy.

#15 ·
I have the Blue Chrome metallic in a 19X9 and 19X10. Just put them on and tried all sorts of ways to make them rub but no rubbing issues so far. The only thing I have not done is put 4 people and some cargo in it. Mounted them with PS2's. Except for the 2 month wait, I'm pretty happy with it. I'll try to post pics.
oarngemig,, hope all is well with the storm, I know that Magallanes got hit pretty hard as well as some of Dasma.

#20 ·
Takes one to know one...I'm referring to your name.. lol. So you got the 9s and 10s and no problem ha. Now I'm jealous. What size tires did you put? As you said it could be the series 35s and 30s that's gotten you away from the rubbing. Mine rubs but very lightly, left rear, actually mostly on the track at BRC when taking a reducing right hander on third. You can imagine it's a pretty tight one, and oh only when I have a passenger at the rear. And the rubbing is really not that much for me to do something with the lip. I just don't know what happens when I change tires. I think I'll try on the new Yoko Neovas or Bridge RE 011.

Yes Maga and Dasma were hit pretty bad. I have some nasty cars in my shop now which were under water, several STis, a Range Rover, a 6-door Benz, among others. It's a nighmare rehabilitating them.

I know of an F355 that was floating in the waters of Magallanes. I was in Singapore for the F1 when it happened though. Thank God, or I could have been trapped since I'm always out on weekends. I sure wouldn't want to see my blue baby floating. By the way we have another nasty one making land fall tomorrow. Pray for your mama land, bro.

#16 ·
I emailed them on the rims and this is what they said.

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your inquiry of Weds products.

Regarding your query, for a 2008 Lexus isf

Front: 19 X 8 +35 or +45
Rear: *19 X 10 +42(The width of the wheel is too wide for the car.)

If you are interested in purchasing our products, we would like to introduce you dealers in your country.
So please tell us which country you live in.

Thank you and best regards,

Kaien Fujimoto
Overseas Sales Dept.
Weds Co.,LTD.
KDX OMORI BLDG., 6F
1-6-8, Omorikita, Ota-ku, Tokyo
143-0016 Japan
TEL: +81-3-5753-8238 / FAX: +81-3-5753-8258
E-mail: hanbai@weds.co.jp

#19 ·
Whatever the cost of the flats (flat finish, that is), I beleive that the blue chrome was anotherr 3 bills approx. on top of that. Slightly more than 3 k with mounting and balancing plus the tires. FYI for all, I opted to buy a set of tpms to program into the car making the car think it's a set of snows. Set it on "b" and the TPMS light goes away. My dealer was nice enough to program it under warranty. As stated, I drove at 45 degrees on steep driveways and have driven about 100 miles with 2 peeps in the car and no rubbing. Must be the lower (35's and 30's) tires but all told is slightly smaller by just a hair. I'll keep you all posted as far as rubbing is concerned but with the Bay Bridge the way it is, the car ain't goin too far....for now

#23 ·
It does feel different but did not get to push it. Wife was in the car and I was also breaking in the new tires. I even got the aluminum lugs so that's even lighter yet. I'll keep you posted.
Tires are 245/35's and 275/30's on PS2's. They are so close to the fenders that dropping the car might not be an option. Plan B will be to roll the fender and might give a little more clearance.
Praying for all the homeboys back there. A good friend of mine got his X5 and a R1200GS submerged in Maga. Even took a snapshot of a jetski going down Trinidad street. Another friend who resides outside Xavier got a whole Exped submerged. Hope all goes well.
I don't think I'll ever track the ISF. I'm building a 90 Miata for doing track days with and maybe a few autocrosses. I like your pics dicing it out with the C63.
Thanks for the compliments but it was kinda funny, the wife actually said that the flat finish looks better.

#24 ·
Just like jack , i got the same response from Kaien, its good to know that the 19 x 10 does work though. Did you post the pics yet ?

Thank you for your inquiry of Weds products.

Regarding your query, for a Lexus isf
Front: 19 x 9 +35
Rear: 19 x 10 +42
The width of the wheels is too wide for the car.

Thank you and best regards,

Kaien Fujimoto
Overseas Sales Dept.
Weds Co.,LTD.
KDX OMORI BLDG., 6F
1-6-8, Omorikita, Ota-ku, Tokyo
143-0016 Japan
TEL: +81-3-5753-8238 / FAX: +81-3-5753-8258
E-mail: hanbai@weds.co.jp

#25 ·
OOOOPS just saw them in the gallery AY, they look fantastic was wondering if you have a pic looking forward from the back with staight wheels so we can get an idea on the profile and how far to the edge the wheels get to ? also for reference these are the blue light chrome wheels right ?

#26 ·
Kazaks, nice pronunciation with the Ayyy! I'll work on the pics from straight back. I have one but from up pointing down. I drove from Alameda to San Mateo friday night across the SM bridge. Although traffic was bad going there cuz of the Bay Bridge, I got to push coming home and yes, it does feel better. Hard to describe but it feels lighter. Kinda like a lighter flywheel, if that makes sense. Never rubbed nor did anything out of the ordinary. Stay tuned...

#27 ·
ay es ep, ( hope this is better ) this is the response i now received when i let the company know that your wheels actually do fit with no rubbing

> By the way i just read on the LexusF Forum that another owner in the
> US installed SA 67R wheels F 245 x 35 on 19 x 9 and R 275 x 30 on 19 x 10
> with no rubbing issues

we can not recommend you how to modify your car,
however, the car is processed for putting those sizes of wheels on.

Rds,

Tomomi Teraoka

So now with this new info what offsets do you have front and rear ?

#28 ·
AY ES EP, I just looked at my rims last weekend and realized that I do have the SA67R, not an SA 65, as I (for some weird reason) thought.

Nice to have a track car like the Miata. I still have my secret aspirations of getting my hands on an Exige for track days, I wonder if that'll ever happen. For now I have an Evo 7 which I use for the track which I enjoy more than the STi. I have lightweight Enkei NT03s on them and it does make a diff. I also have a 1990 Lancia Integrale sitting in my shop and I have yet to figure out what to do with it. The Lancia was my dream car way back then when it was a constant world champion at WRC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.