Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Anybody upsize to 245/35-19s & 275/30-19s yet?

34K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  Bulls23337 
#1 ·
Anybody upsize to 245/35-19s & 275/30-19s yet? If so do you have any pics. Any fit issues? I still have plenty of tire, but wanna go wider for my next pair.

#3 ·
in talking with HRE they have told me that an 8.5" rim will fit on the front, with a 255/35/19, and a 10.5" rim will fit on the rear with a 295/30/19 with no issues. these tire sizes are also as close to OE rolling radius as it gets.

#6 ·
Other than HRE's word (I am not doubting them), does anybody else have verification of this? I am very interested. The ISF's lack of grip due to its weight and power is one thing I would love to improve. 255 fronts and 295 rears sound AWESOME!!!

DoubleXL, did HRE say that the rears fit without rolling the fenders? If so, I will be ordering wider wheels shortly. Also, what were the offsets on the 8.5" fronts and 10.5" rears? Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
offests are one thing they didnt tell me and i forgot to ask, or if they did tell me i just forgot. they said no rolling of the fender was necessary. but they did say an 11" wide rear was too aggressive and that it would not fit. so im guessing that 10.5" is really really close. i kind of like the stock wheels, and i cant decide on wheel color, also i want to weigh the stocks to see if they are lighter then what hre told me about their monobloks

#8 ·
Indeed! These sizes are the largest that can be fitted to the factory wheels and work great. There are no rubbing issues of any kind. While it's true the upgrade will provide a larger contact patch nothing will keep the tires from spinning under full throttle with the traction and VDIM disabled. The cars stance is more agressive in appearance as well!!

#9 ·
good stuff...thanks for the info

#11 ·
I had a local Phoenix tire shop tell me that 275/35-19 in rear will most likely rub on the struts. The dealer I purchased the car from won't comment on max size. Anyone else have this experience? Also, whoever does have the 275s on the rears, please send pictures of the direct rear view and 3/4ths view so I can see how well the tire fills out the wheel well. Thanks.

#12 ·
Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Hey all,

I think I am going to go have Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires put on my ISF today if I can find a local dealer with the correct sizes. I have two questions:

1) Is there anybody on this site running 245/35R19s front - 275/30R19s rear in an Ultra High Performance All Season tire similar to the ExtremeContact DWS?

2) If so, are there any rubbing issues whatsoever, and how does the dry traction compared to the stock ISF tires?

I know that several people have reported no rubbing on 275/30R19 rears, but I thought that maybe the A/S tires might have a just bit more tread and potentially cause issues. I am pretty sure they will fit, but I don't want to have them installed and have rubbing issues.

#13 ·
For the last 5-6 months I have been running 245/35R19 on the front and 285/30R19 on the rear on stock rims. No rubbing problems. In fact I just finished a track weekend at TWS with this setup and no rubbing whatsoever. Did not have to roll the fenders. Hope this helps

Pat

#16 ·
275/30/19 in the rear is the most aggressive we can do.
245/35/19 or 235/35/10 are the best for the front.

I'll be trying out the 235/35/19 and 275/30/19 on my car next week. I think going to Michelin PS2s.

#37 ·
I was speaking to someone at the Tire Rack the other day asking for his recommendation on the best front/back tire sizes on the stock rims as I wanted a bigger footprint. He recommended 245/40/19 on the front and 275/35/19 on the back. The Bridgestone REO50A Pole Positions come in that size and are XL as well. Overall diameter and Revs per Mile (Fronts and Rears) are virtually identical. Can anyone confirm that these will work with no issues? What are your thoughts for this combo?

#18 ·
#20 · (Edited)
Well, I ordered Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires online last night - 245/35R19s front and 275/30R19s rear. They should arrive within the next week. As soon as I get them put on the car, I will post pics from every angle. I figured that by going with an ultra high performance all season tire, I would get the best of all worlds without having to switch tires in different seasons.

#21 · (Edited)
The tires arrived today, and I am about to go have them installed. As promised, pics will soon follow.

#22 ·
I had the 245/35ZR19 and 275/30ZR19 Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires mounted on the stock rims last night. Everything seems to fit perfectly with no rubbing. I did a little hard cornering...no rubbing. I drove both forward and backward with the wheels locked to either side...no rubbing. Last night is was about 30 degrees where I was. The DWSs have a ton more grip in the cold.

I took several pics at NTB (got them to mount and balance the tires for $25 each). Before anybody comments, just let me say...I know my car is filthy right now, and I am embarrassed to even post pics of it. As soon as it warms up, I will wash it and take better pictures. I just wanted to show everybody how well the 245s and 275s fit.

Attachments

#25 ·
I went with the Continentals, because they are generally rated as the top all around ultra high performance all season tire, along with the Michelins Pilot Sport A/S. They were MUCH cheaper than the Michelins though.

#27 ·
Have the new tires changed the driving dynamics of the car it looks to me that the tires are a bit to wide for the rims ie is it more loose/tire flex on turn in's ? . Reason i ask is the 255's give the correct side wall stiffness based on wheel width, kindly advise

#28 ·
on the stock rims, 245/35/19 fronts and 275/30/19 rears fit and drive great. You might need to get an alignment (I did) after switching, but there are no problems with tire flex, turn in or anything of that nature. These sizes are the widest advisable tires you can put on the stock rims though.

#30 ·
No, I didn't replace anything regarding the TPMS. I didn't think I would need to. Should I have?

#33 ·
I purchased the tires online, and had NTB install them locally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.