Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Anybody upsize to 245/35-19s & 275/30-19s yet?

34K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  Bulls23337 
#1 ·
Anybody upsize to 245/35-19s & 275/30-19s yet? If so do you have any pics. Any fit issues? I still have plenty of tire, but wanna go wider for my next pair.

#35 ·
An alignment isn't mandatory, but is always a good idea. I got an alignment at the Lexus dealership a week after I had the new tires mounted and balanced, because the car was floaty at 80+ mph. I don't know why, but the toe angles were off on both sides after the tire change, but the camber remained perfect.

#38 ·
I think the stock tires are 26" diameter for the rears and 26.1" for the fronts. 245/35R19s are 25.9", which is very close to stock diameter. 245/40R19s are 26.7" which is definitely taller...I don't know if it would be enough to rub during full steering lock. 275/30R19s are 25.5", while 275/35R19s are 26.5". I imagine both would work fine, but I would think the shorter tires would work better overall. I know for a fact the shorter tires won't rub. Your car should be a tiny bit faster with the shorter tire as well.

#39 ·
Hi,
I changed my tires last month. I have 285/30/19 rear and 245/35/19 in the front. I am using Yokohama Advan Sport tires. The handling of the car has changed and I am not happy about the cornering. It has suffered a lot. It could be that the treads are new so it is a little worst than usual, but I will not advise changing the stock configuration by much. It is raining here in the Bay Area, so the wheels are a little dirty, I will post the pictures next week. They definitely look cooler than stock and Yokos go as wide as allowed by the spec for a given tire size, so it fills the well very nicely. However there is a slight bulge on the outside since the rims are not wide enough to take a tire of that size. If you just want looks, you should go with tires this wide, and do me a favour buy mine for a discount. I will just not go this wide again. 265 may be in the rear at most.
Ash

#40 ·
^^^^I running 285/30/19 and 245/35/19 rear to front, and my experience has been a 180 from you. I'm running the Continental Extreme DW. See my original post:

http://www.lexusfforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3159&highlight=continental

I changed last August, and have about 5K miles on them, everything's better than the stock Michelins. Cornering, traction, noise, ride - everything has improved. The rain performance is also much better than the Michelins. I was caught in a downpour a couple of months ago and the Continentals handled with aplomb. I luv 'em.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.