Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

User feedback Nitto NT05

10K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
Wanted to give my 2 cents on the Nitto NT05. truth be told they work as advertised. Thanx to Discount Tires Direct for the advice. I did plus the tires as per the recomendation. They work great & look greaaat. I will not post pics coz u can get em on DTD website. Trackday soon to follow up on grip although i feel they up to the job...

#5 ·
Nice writeup :cool: glad to hear someone tried them out and is liking them

They can be used for the street although there are better options for a tire to use if it rains a lot where you are (such as the Nitto Invo, which I'm personally going with soon)

#10 ·
If you want more comfort and longevity without sacrificing performance, the Nitto Invo is a great option. If you want a tire that offers maximum dry traction that will get decent longevity, the NT05 is a great option. The two models are in different classes. The NT05 is a max performance summer tire geared for dry traction. This model runs in the same class as the RT615 and Z1 Star Spec. This model is also becoming very popular in SCCA. The Invo is categorized as an ultra high performance summer tire geared for overall comfort and handling. The Invo runs in the same class as your Original equipment PS2's.

#11 ·
The NT05 works in the rain!!!! I been drivin them here & its been really wet these last days. They have plenty of wet grip for daily drivin in rain. On hiway i had them +THE TON & did not hydro on power or brakes till I pushed the tire on purpose & then they still gave good feedback & stayed predictable.. The tires have huge beveled center rain grooves that channel H2O away to the outsde lateral grooves. The pics I have are too large to download here so I will have take some more. I always forget to set down my pixl size on my casio DUH!!!:eek:

#15 ·
Might be too early to tell since they are still new, but how does it compare with the Bridges for road noise especially under hard braking? Over here a good sub would be the Yokohama Advan Neova (Nittos are not available) except that they groan under hard braking and the road noise over time gets bad. But grip is excellent.

Why didn't you get Bridges RE050?

#21 · (Edited)
How would the Nt-05 compare to a Bridgestone RE-11? I just bought Re-11 after the stock Bridgestone's were done but i hear they are only gonna last me 12-15k. Would the NT-05 be better choice?

#23 ·
^^ I do daily my F with a couple random auto-x test days and a couple trips to the strip a summer, Im not looking to ever get more that 15k out of a set of tires. Im assuming the Nt05 have better tread life? I bought the RE-11 in the factory tire size, next time Im bumping to 275 in the back and not sure if I should go to a 255 in the front or stay with 245.. any advise? Im also about to have a large hp increase due to ported intake manifold, headers and exhaust so any extra traction/handling advise would be loved!! thanks

#24 ·
The NT05 should get a little more miles than the RE-11 based on their tread wear ratings but it won't be much. These two tires are pretty comparable. You may benefit from two sets of wheels and tires, one for the track and one for daily driving. If go this route you may be able to run an 18" wheel and tire combo at the track, this could save you a little weight and allow you to buy a slightly better track tire with better grip.

#25 ·
i have two sets of factory rims, but i was gonna put snows on a set...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.