Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Nitto NT05 (video)

15K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 · (Edited)

NITTO NT05
UTQG: 200 AA, A (All Sizes)

Click here for: Sizes, Specs, and Pricing on the Nitto NT05

The new Nitto NT05 is a maximum performance tire that was developed using advanced computer simulation and extensive on-track testing. These development methods along with rigorous quality standards help produce a street tire that provides precise and responsive handling and performance

TECHNOLOGY

- Reinforced shoulder tread blocks provide exceptional rigidity and stability

- The continuous center rib consistently provides optimum tread contact with the road to maximize dry performance

- The specifically formulated tread compound and reinforced internal construction emphasizes dry road response, traction, handling, and high speed capabilities

Nitto released the familiar NT555 over 10 years ago, and set the standards for UHP tires with its class leading contact patch and superior grip.

Seeing the evolution of contemporary performance cars, Nitto created the NT05 for higher horsepower cars looking for more of everything. The NT05 has an all-new tread compound that enhances traction, a large continuous center rib which increases the contact patch and reinforced shoulder blocks. All the new NT05 features translate in to real numbers*: 38% more cornering force and 34% more lateral stiffness compared to the NT555. Those are numbers you will feel through the steering wheel with quicker response, crisper turn-in, and improved grip.

CURRENT SIZES

*235/40-17 *255/40-17 *275/40-17
*315/35-17 *235/40-18 *245/40-18

*265/35-18 *275/40-18 *275/35-18
*285/35-18 *295/35-18 *235/35-19

*245/35-19 *275/35-19 *275/30-19
*275/40-20 *315/35-20 *275/35-20

*295/45-18 *225/40-19 *245/40-19
*335/30-19 *255/45-20 *255/35-20

REVIEWS

MEDIA

Click the image below to view the NT05 introduction VIDEO.

If you are running the NT05, post your review here along with a picture or two - we (as well as Nitto) would love to read them.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sick tires. These are more of a drag radial then the Invo right?

#4 · (Edited)
No, they are not designed to be a drag radial. This model is classified as a max performance summer tire. They have more dry grip when compared to the Invo. They are more or less a cross between the NT01 and the NT555 Extreme. If you are looking for a drag radial you are going to want to get into the 555R. The NT05 utilizes a reinforced internal construction and reinforced outer tread blocks for increased cornering and stability, especially at higher speeds. Not to mention the huge continuos center rib provides great response and grip! This is a great tire for SCCA.

#5 ·
Thanks for the clarification. I'm trying to decide on my next set of tires. I appreciate the response! :cool:

#7 ·
I would like to race it sometime. When I decide I will, I'm going to purchase a set of tires just for the track :cool:

The F is my daily driver. I'm in Texas where we have random, crazy rainstorms every once in a while and I'm worried about traction issues with the 05's which is why I'm seriously looking at the Invo's :)

#8 ·
The NT05 should have decent wet traction but I wouldn't suggest this tire for you since it's a daily driver. I think the Invo will be perfect for your driving conditions and this model has great wet traction. What's nice about the Invo is it utilizes a semi continuos asymmetric tread design so it really never looses grip when maneuvering. It also has the perfect sidewall construction for performance handling and overall ride comfort. Check out this thread on the Invo

When you're ready for your track set up, let us know. I would run the NT05s for sure!

#9 ·
You will be hearing from me soon, thanks again for all your help and quick responses.

#17 ·
so im cali and we dont get that bad weather as some do, but my f is a dail driver and i love how these tires look. would you suggest these for a regular daily driver tire, i dont track. Also do these wear any better than the stock bridgestones? or should the nitto invos be a better choice?

#22 ·
Discount tire, ordered a set of Invo's from you to put on my new wheels and I need help on a shop to install. Are some of your shops capable of dealing with a lowered F with a front lip? I'm having wheels installed by the end of the week.

#26 ·
Best bet is to contact one of your local stores directly. Tell them what you need to have done and they will let you know if they have the right tools for the job. Thank you for your support. We look forward to hearing what you think of your new tires. :D

Locate a Store: www.tires.com

pm price on nto5 275/3519 and 245/3019 i think those are the sizes.
For stock 19" ISF wheels the best NT05 sizes to run are 245/35R19 Front and 275/30R19 REAR.

All Nitto NT05 sizes and pricing - Shipping is FREE - Local installation charges will apply

Nitto NT05 245/35R19 Front
Nitto Nt05 275/30R19 Rear
Shipping is FREE - local installation charges will apply.

hello
I will like to know how ,uch it will be for a set of ( 4 ) tires NT-05 :cool:
for my ISF delivering Miami :rolleyes:
Thanks,
Sergio ISF
All Nitto NT05 sizes and pricing

Nitto NT05 245/35R19 Front
Nitto Nt05 275/30R19 Rear
Shipping is FREE - local installation charges will apply.

#32 ·
Discount Tire Direct is the mail order service of Discount Tire/America's Tire Co. and we are here to compete with other on-line companies and to service those in States we do not have a presence in.

You can purchase from us mail order or your local Discount Tire store however in-store purchases come with FREE services such as lifetime balance, rotation,flat repair, and pro-rated road hazard protection. Our local stores are also very good about matching on-line delivered prices so I suggest contacting you closest store to see what they can do for you.

Thank you for your support here on the boards.

#35 ·
Here is my situation. i DONT use my f as a daily driver but on the weekend i do take long trips and i drive fast and hard. i do get rain around my place. Would the nt05 be more beneficial to me or should i go with the invo? My other option was the Hankook V12. Thanks.

P.S. Yes i want to up size to 275/285 in rear and 245 in front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.