Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

245/35R19 & 275/30R19 tires on stock rims

37K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  lowrider 
#1 · (Edited)
A little while ago I upsized to 245/35ZR19 fronts and 275/30ZR19 rears on the stock ISF rims (19x8 front and 19x9 rear). The tires I chose were Continental ExtremeContact DWS (DryWetSnow) tires. These are Ultra High Performance All Season tires with a Y speed rating (186 mph).

Overall, I am very happy with the tires. They have great dry grip for an all season tire, are very good in the rain, and actually not too bad in the snow.

I had to get an alignment after getting them mounted and balanced. This was because the tow angle in the front was off and was causing the car to be "floaty" at 80 mph+. The camber angles didn't need adjusting though.

Here are the best pics I could manage to show what the clearances are with the wider tires. I have experienced no rubbing whatsoever under extreme driving.

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
I ordered Yoko advant sports in 245-40-19 front and 275-35-19 for the rear. I have question for Lou, who is running 285 in the rear, rear wheels are only 9.5 inches wide and the 285/30/19 tire is 11 inches wide, meaning the side wall of the tire is almost .75 inches off the rim on each side, so side of the tire must not be exactly sitting on the side of the rim? Just an observation? I would be curious as how the side walls would take it if you really tracked the car or took it on a curvy mountain ride for 4-5 miles long.

#39 · (Edited)
Rear wheels are in actuality only 9" wide. The cross section of a 285 tire is 11.5" (but note that is when fitted to a 10" wheel, when on a 9" wheel the cross section is reduced by .2" for each 1/2" less than 10") so on a 9" wheel the cross section is 11.1". The tread width of the DW tire is listed at 10.5". So we're talking about a tire that is almost square in measurement of sidewall and tread when mounted on a 9" wheel. I know it sounds like the tire should be pinched, and the entire tread tread area should not contact the ground, but it does not. The sidewalls are straight and the tread is flat. See picts attached.

As far as tracking the car, I have not, but I have driven aggressively and my F handles better than it did with my stockers. On another forum there is a pict of an F on stock wheels being tracked with a 305/30/19 rear tire. That tires looks pinched, but the driver apparently had no issues with the 305. I'm not recommended a 305 and I will go no wider than 285 on my stock rears, but only using that as an example.

The tires you ordered are are .7" larger in OD than the stock tires, They probably will work OK, But, IMHO they are too high and will not look right on an F. They will also affect your gearing and speedometer readings.

Lou

Attachments

#38 ·
I am in no way answering for Lou but I have that size and there is absolutely no signs of the tire being pinched whatsoever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.