Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Tein Comfort Sport Coil-overs

18K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  StraySheep 
#1 ·
Just finished reading the a section of the Import Tuner/Tein IS-F project they're working on and I came across a very interesting section...

TEIN:
"Once the chassis was nice and stitch welded, custom Tein Comfort Sport monotube coilovers went in to replace the stock shocks and struts. With a complete R&D team in the U.S., Tein was able to revalve the Comfort Sports in-house, for more aggressive damping. A coilover based on this setup should be available for all IS Fs soon."

Looks very promising... Speaking from personal experience Tein makes great suspension products for the Japanese Domestic Market, especially if that suspension system incorporates the EDFC (Electronic Dampening Force Controller) that will be a big plus!

If anybody has more information on the suspension post it right here... I'll also be on the look out for more info.

Steve

#5 ·
Yes, that would be true >

"After tracking the car over the weekend there is one weakness I noticed which I would like to share; the stock suspension needs to be a bit more stiff."

IMHO most street cars and not set up for hard tracking so they need some additional help/support when run on the track unless the rules/specs forbid any mods. But don't forget the inverse is also true! Cars set up for the track are pretty brutal to drive on the street, especially on a daily basis. That's why having easily reached ajustable shocks may be a good comprimise, should such a thing ever become available for our IS-F's.

#13 ·
I'd also like to hear some feedback on Tein Comfort Sport specifically for the IS-F.

Handling?

Ride Quality?

Worthwhile aftermarket mod?

Thanks. :)

#14 ·
I recently had the tein Comfort Coilover installed on my F, I had it done at the same time as I had the Sikky Headers installed. I was able to lower my car and have all the weight counter balanced, The ride is smooth as silk and it handles extremely well. I would definitely recommend the Tein Comfort Coilovers. When you install the coilovers you consistantly have the ride you want which does have 16 adjustments, therefore going into sport mode does not make the ride rougher, it stays to how you have them set. You can purchase the parts to electronicly change your setting from in the car, but mine are set in the middle and it feels great just cruising around town, sport driving, and alot more stable at 160 mph.

#15 ·
Well this is what i think i need. Here's my story.
I bought my chrome 20'' rims and wheels 3 years ago and i had no height or rubbing problem. Last summer i rode on the stock wheels. This summer i decided to paint my chrome rims and put it back on. What i notice is that my rear tires rub now on certain bumps and front have gap between fender and tire. Sat every winter...Think my rear stock suspension sag??

#16 · (Edited)
I've ran Tein comfort sports on my F for almost a year now. All I can say is it's definitely stiffer then stock when setted to the stiffest. It handles very well and noticably less body roll. For normal street driving I have all 4 corners at 7 clicks away from stiffest and it still handles well. Like what others think these aren't the same floaty feel Tein CS's like how it feels on the is250 and is350. I don't feel any floatyness at all with mine. Spring rates for the F's applications are 12k/10k which are alot stiffer then the is250/is350 cs's spring rates of 7k/7k. I also have the EDFC unit so I can control the settings inside the car instead of getting out and ripping out panels in the rear to set the rebound/compression which I find a hassle especially in a luxury car. What I really like about the EDFC is when I'm on a super bumpy road all it takes is 1 push of a button to go to softer setting. With the EDFC u can have 3 different memory settings. I made my 3 race/street/comfort;)

#17 ·
Have them on my car for around 4 months now.....
No regrets..... much better than stock in terms of both comfort and handling...
adjustments are very easy....
the backs were a bit hard to install as you have to take the boot lining out to get to it....

#18 ·
So I guess the next question would be pricing? Were there any exceptionally good deals? Where did you get them from? And finally, about how long do they take to install?

#21 ·
Last year I paid about 2400 CAD for the coilovers+edfc through a buddies shop with a slight deal on that pricing. My buddy ordered them directly from TEIN. The install took about 4-5 hours with the EDFC. I'm pretty sure the coilovers alone won't take any longer then 2-3 hours. The EDFC install part was a bit more difficult though as the rear trunk lining needed to be modified and cut for no interference with the EDFC motors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.