Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Lexus IS F or Mercedes C63 AMG??

10K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  veerals05 
#1 ·
I love the IS F and was wondering what were your reasons for choosing the Lexus IS F over the MB C63 AMG as the price point is approximately the same and everything else is pretty equal.

Thanks for the replies.

#4 ·
:D :D :D :D :D ..Everyone, rather almost everyone sh**s on the Benz and Beemers..I'm a F owner myself and Merc and Beemer are great cars, it just that few break down, not all..

#5 ·
if you look on other threads i have commented a lot on this subject. the fact of the matter is, the price point is not the same.

can i afford both cars? yes. but at the end of the day, a fully loaded lexus ISF window stickers for just under 61k. a C63AMG, low/mid 70s.
thats a 12-15k price difference.

yes the c63 is faster. but i like the isfs interior as well as the lexus track record for reliability.

at the end of the day, you need to drive both and figure out which one you like better, because the better car for you, in terms of looks, feel and wallet is whats going to make the decision.

#6 · (Edited)
..Everyone, rather almost everyone sh**s on the Benz and Beemers..I'm a F owner myself and Merc and Beemer are great cars, it just that few break down, not all..

First off all they DO break down and it's more than a few,take a four year average,their maintenance is more expensive to upkeep,the oil changes,tune-ups,etc,etc...they have alot of electrical problems;especially Mercedes they're awfull,and their residual is terrible.Go to any Lexus dealer and you'll see Bmw's and Merc's that are trade in's,go to a Bmw or Merc dealer and you'll hardly see any Lexus there .... Better quality product for more money over the years----money management!!

And yes,everyone sh**s on the Benz and Beemers...I'm a F owner

#8 ·
Take it easy! My Neighbor has a C Class Benz and my other neighbor has a BMW 5 Series and a 3 Series and they seems to be happy with them with hardly any problems..I mean hey, you could be right, it just that everyone seems to have a war between Benz,Beemer and Lex implying whatever they own is spectacular..Good example would be on youtube people are shi**ing on F constantly while others are on M3's balls and etc..
To be blunt here When I use to drive Land Rover Discovery II 02 model 80% of the people love the car while few remaining 20% use to get on my case for buying a Land Rover..Personally I kept up with maintenance and I have not had a problem with it despite the magazine review on them prior to totalling the car from a accident of course..
Before F was in my reach at March I was transit for Range Rover Supercharged or M3 but RRSC case wise, gas and Tag issue forbid me from buying and as for M3 no can do with manuel..
My point is I'm not disagree with you but from what I've seen personally they don't seem all that bad, that's all I saying..That's why I'm saying every car company has lemons but not all it seems..

#7 ·
Stanger read the article that is on the home page here. It's a good comparison if I ay say so myself... ;)

The C63 is fast no doubt, but just running it around the track, withless than 4,000 miles on the car, I got black flagged because the rear end in the C63 couldn't keep it's fluids in....

M3 is a great track car, but on the street, it's just like any other 3 series until you hit the higher RPM's....

THe IS-F is a awesome vehicle with a great mix of power, looks and of course, reliability...

#9 ·
AO3: I love the way Mercedes builds their cars, I think they have the most beautiful lines of any car BUT they dont make them in good quality for their vehicles,especially their electrical parts.There are quite a few that are good, but overall the BMW and Mercedes quality for the money isn't there.Bigmike put an interesting post up about reliabilty and it's no surprise about the Lexus' and where their at, just like it's no surprise where BMW and Mercedes are on that list,have a great Lexus day!!!!

#10 ·
well one of my reasons i did not get the C63 Amg was because i went down to a dealer and they could not get one in until december 08 or january or febuary of 09

and the car is not the same price as a m3 or a lexus isF. the c63 is 77 Thousand they actually have a mark up on them. but thats over here in California and the c63 i really don't like the body on it?. and the interior is just down right HORRIBLE. all i wanted was the Engine pretty much i was looking for a 4 door corvette basically lol. and the sales associates where telling me they bust down hell of a lot. they told me not even to go with a AMG cause there always in the shop?. don't know if maybe they where just trying to make a sale or not but?. thats what they where saying? so for 77 thousand and with out tax or license i really don't think a c63 amg is really worth that much cash. for 80 grand you could get alot nicer car. i would take a Z06.. because i miss my corvette like Crazy my reason for getting a isf as well was because i needed a 4 door car i am suppose to get married in November. so if your a single guy get the Z06 instead of the c63.. but if your a family guy then go isf.

so out of the 4 door saloons m3/isF/c63 the best price value and look i would go isf

#12 ·
I'm the original poster and I appreciate the comments. My idea that the two are priced the same are according to what I'd want on the Mercedes if that is the car I choose. Just the car and the LSD would be around 59,000 and the IS F is 61,000 or so with Navi. I can live without Navi.

However, one thing I find VERY dissapointing is that neither of these $60,000 speed and luxury machines have the ventilated/air conditioned seats. In the hot climate where I live, I'd really appreciate this option as I know many of you would also.

You can't have it all. Not even for $60K.

#17 ·
I chose the F over the M3 and C63, because I wanted the most for my money. The F gave me reliability and the economy I was looking for.

54K miles and just basic maintainence here. It's hard to beat that.

My friends power steering went out within 3K miles on his M3. Then my best friend bought a 335i. The first day he picked it up he had electrical turbo failures errors. The car was in the shop for a week. The dealership has driven the car more than he has lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.