245/35R19 & 275/30R19 tires on stock rims - Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum
Lexus F Header Lexus F IS-F Header Right

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Wheels & Tires
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

LexusFForum.com is the premier Lexus F Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Gymkata

Default 245/35R19 & 275/30R19 tires on stock rims

A little while ago I upsized to 245/35ZR19 fronts and 275/30ZR19 rears on the stock ISF rims (19x8 front and 19x9 rear). The tires I chose were Continental ExtremeContact DWS (DryWetSnow) tires. These are Ultra High Performance All Season tires with a Y speed rating (186 mph).

Overall, I am very happy with the tires. They have great dry grip for an all season tire, are very good in the rain, and actually not too bad in the snow.

I had to get an alignment after getting them mounted and balanced. This was because the tow angle in the front was off and was causing the car to be "floaty" at 80 mph+. The camber angles didn't need adjusting though.

Here are the best pics I could manage to show what the clearances are with the wider tires. I have experienced no rubbing whatsoever under extreme driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide3.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide7.JPG
Views:	582
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide8.JPG
Views:	597
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	386  

"ENTHUSIASM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR CAPABILITY" "Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind."

Last edited by Gymkata; 01-24-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Gymkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
IsFly168

Send a message via AIM to IsFly168

Wow,,, i would have thought they would be stubby on the edges but you are still going straight up and down, almost like the way that they should have came from the factory...
IsFly168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
TXISF

looks good, wouldn't mind more rubber in the rear myself
TXISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
Gymkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXISF View Post
looks good, wouldn't mind more rubber in the rear myself
I agree, wider would be preferable. This summer I will be getting aftermarket rims with 255 front and 295 rear max performance summer tires...not sure which manufacturers yet though.

The stock rims with the A/S tires will be for late fall through early spring, and the aftermarket rims with summer tires will be for the rest of the year.

"ENTHUSIASM IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR CAPABILITY" "Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind."
Old 01-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Flipside909
Administrator

Damn those fit nice and square on the rim. It looks a lot better!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
isflojo

This is good! Thanks for posting this!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
Gymkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by isflojo View Post
This is good! Thanks for posting this!
No problem. I know that I was wondering if they would fit for quite a while, and it was like pulling teeth to get somebody to verify that these size tires would fit.

It would greatly benefit everybody here if every time somebody did something new to the ISF, they would post a comprehensive review of what they have done, along with pics. A few minutes with the keyboard and camera can make it so much easier for everybody else.

There are a few guys here that do this very well, and I greatly appreciate the knowledge and time saved I have gained from them.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
isflojo

I totally agree with you Gymkata. Although, I find more DIY information at ClubLexus, like Caymandive's break pad replacement. Just thankful that he shared the link in this forum. Otherwise I wouldn't have known. Maybe I should also join the ClubLexus forum also, but why should I visit another forum if I'm only interested with the ISF?... Again, thanks to all you informative guys in this forum.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #9
asloudasitgets

this site is too slow and it seems like there is nobody on here. Club lexus seems alot more active by far. Though i seen some usefull info on here though.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #10
Gymkata

I got a chance to see how the Continentals drive in the snow on Saturday. Other than trying to start from a stop on steep hills, I was impressed at how surefooted they felt. Of course this is a powerful RWD car, so caution was in order. As long as you know how to drive in the snow, and can feel what the road is telling you through the pedals and steering wheel, you will be ok in moderate winter driving conditions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A Forum > Lexus IS-F Discussion > Wheels & Tires